What's It Like On CP 747-400s And 767-300ERs?

Fri Feb 04, 2000 7:08 am

As I said in an earlier post(see Update On Canadian DC-10s), I'll likely be taking a trip to SYD from YEG, via YVR and HNL, of course. Since the DC-10-30 is going to be completely gone from Canadian Airlines' fleet by March(Dannyboy said that, not me.), I'll be flying on a different plane, that's for sure.

Last time, in 1993, I flew YQU-YYC on a Dash 8, then YYC-YVR on a CP 737. A 6-hour layover(a real pain!), then a CP DC-10 to HNL. HNL-SYD was on a Qantas 747-200. I think Qantas now uses 747-400s now on the SYD-HNL route. My brother and I then transferred to a QF 747-400 to CNS. That's the only time I've been on a 747-400.

But I've never flown on a 767 at all. CP used DC-10s a lot on its YVR-HNL run until recently. It's been seven years since I last flew on anything bigger than an AC A320!

Now, AC could change things, so I might end up on an ACA340, for all I know! But this is assuming that I'm flying this summer and that CP is still using such a route. (I'm still deciding whether to fly this year or the next)

Is there anyone who's flown as a passenger on a Canadian Airlines 747-400 or a 767-300ER? recently. If so, how are they in terms of comfort and service?

CPAir 4 life

RE: What's It Like On CP 747-400s And 767-300ERs?

Fri Feb 04, 2000 7:33 am

I flew them both in november. I also went to honolulu.
I had a 767-300ER to Honolulu and a 747-400 return.

Both planes are very nice, they are nicer if they have the new proud wings interiors like aircraft 885 (747-400) the one I took home to YVR.

Both planes are comfortable, but the 767 will likely be full because of the codeshare with Qantas. That is ending soon I think though. That route also has a code share with Air Pacific on certain days along with Qantas.

The 747s are very nice and roomy inside...enjoy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos