The recent discussions about YYZ Terminal 1 being closed and how things used to be at YYZ years ago, made me think about how Terminal 2 used to be years ago. My memory might not be too clear about this, because I was only through YYZ T2 about a dozen times in the late 1970s and early 1980s, but can anyone else remember:
- Terminal 2 being completely carpeted, even where the check-in counters are
- gates in the domestic area were each color-coded: carpet, walls, seats
- one gate had floors illuminated red from below and pyramids and triangles
- HUGE gate numbers
- no windows at the gates to see outside
- a gate bridge that was like a circular tunnel (or was that at YUL?)
- a tunnel to Terminal 1
- something interesting about the entry/exit doors to the arrivals and departures level and pay telephones areas like it was all black metal or something like that
Does anyone have any links to pictures of the interior of YYZ T2 as it used to be?
Now I am really interested to see if I remember this stuff or imagine it... sure doesn't look like this now!