WindowSeat
Topic Author

Spotting Opportunities At ....

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:43 am

I am traveling for training all next month to a few places. I would like to know if there are any spotting opportunities/possibilities at the following places.

1) Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
2) Kansas City, MO (MCI)
3) Charlotte, NC (CLT)
4) San Jose, CA (SJC)
5) Cleveland, OH (CLE)

My tickets for MCI, CLT and SJC are booked, DFW and CLE are still up in the air. If there are fellow A.net members who would like to go spotting in the evenings or even for a drink to share our passion about aviation, that'd be great. Please contact me for exact dates.

cheers

I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

concord977

RE: Spotting Opportunities At ....

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:50 am

I can only answer regarding DFW.

On the southeast corner of the airport, near the DFW administration building is a spotter's park known as "Founder's Plaza". It has parking for 20-30 cars, binoculars, and a live feed of the arrivals frequency on a speaker.

If traffic is arriving from the south and you're there before 3pm, you should get some great shots. After then, the sun will be shining in your face.

Also, on the west side of the airport is the AA maintenance complex and the American Eagle office building. The parking area by Eagle faces the terminals and the two parallel runways on the west side.
No info

WindowSeat
Topic Author

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:10 am

awesome. I found directions to the Founder's Plaza on http://www.dfwairport.com/visitor/founders.htm

I'll be sure to check it out.

cheers

I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

WindowSeat
Topic Author

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:40 pm

ok, CLE is cancelled. any info about the others?

cheers

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:52 pm

Windowseat,

Check out Bruce's site. It give a good description of wheres and whens of most airports you listed.

http://www.bruceleibowitz.net/planespotting_ratings.htm

WindowSeat
Topic Author

Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:44 am

Emmet99,

Thanks for the link. I looked up a few, but still have no definitive information about most of the above places. Anyone have any more info?

cheers

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos