kbuf737

PHL & BWI, Didnt Work For US Will It For WN?

Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:10 pm

The topic is self explanitory, but will BWI and PHL focus cities work if WN does what they say they want to do for PHL? These two airports are very close and WN wants to really make PHL close to BWIs size?
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

LambertMan

RE: PHL & BWI, Didnt Work For US Will It For WN?

Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:21 pm

KBUF,

WN's operations are much more o/d reliant than that of US's hub operations. There was no reason to have two filter points so close. This time WN is just taking advantage of two very lucrative o/d markets. Big thumbs up

PanAm747

Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:25 pm

Southwest does NOTHING without immaculate planning. They know this is the reason they have been so successful, and it is the only way they will stay successful. They do not do anything haphazardly.

Whereas some airlines will start a route or manage a take-over on a whim (so to speak), Southwest has only made a retreat once, from delay-plagued SFO, but still remains in the area at OAK and SJC. Otherwise, it is arguably the most efficiently run airline in the world.

Consequently, I would assume that WN has a plan for PHL covering virtually every conceivable facet of operation. Whatever the world can throw at them in PHL, I think they'll be ready to deal with, head-on.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

freshlove1

Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:41 pm

Didn't WN also leave DEN because UA handed their ass to them?? or am I thinking of another airline that left DEN

planespotting

Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:46 pm

maybe Western Pacific? WN doesn't always plan ahead. They've also been lucky. Such as when Midway pulled out of....well Midway. haha. they were there within days securing spots in the terminal. That fell right into their hands.
Do you like movies about gladiators?