greatansett

Most Embarrassing Moment On A Flight

Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:32 am

What is your most embarrassing moment on a Flight.
Ron Paul 2012

solnabo

Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:55 am

I was pissed (drunk) om a flight w/ Braathens 737 to Malaga, Spain....
Jeehh, I shiver just thinking about it: all over a girl in the seat behind me, singin/screaming "Relax...dont do it, if U wanna come" This was back in 1984.
Tumbling down the flightstairs, and luckely my friend speaks spanish and she briebed the customsguyz with cigarettes!
I cant remember a THING the day after this flight  Sad
I will never a drink again.......NOT *lol*

Michael//SE  Big thumbs up
Airbus SAS - Love them both

Espion007

Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:06 am

well this was on one of my most recent flights.I was flying CDG-FCO on an airbus a320.well after a good lunch and a 2 hours ground delay i needed to use the lav.well there was a guy standing next to the two but i saw that one of the lavs said "vacant"(dont get ahead of my folks).So anyway,i open the door halfway,and feel something pulling back on it-oh god.Inside was an old lady.Even worse i could not go back to my seat because i really had to freakin go,and then when she got out she said something in italian and i couldnt understand a word.It seemed like my and my mother were the only 2 on the whole plane who spoke english.oh god i was so happy to land at FCO that day-even though it was dark and gloomy.
Snakes on a Plane!

flyboy1980

Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:43 pm

Working (F/A) on my birthday: I kept it to myself, but someone found out and got all the crew at breakfast to sing happy birthday to me. Then on a flight IVC-CHC, the other F/A announced my birthday over the PA and while we wear clearing in got a group of 50+ (in age) women to sing me happy birthday while I was trapped behind the cart. Of course the whole cabin (about 55 pax) all stared and laughed, and I turned red. As if that wasn't bad enough, I bent down to pick up some rubbish, and one of the 50+ women caught a glimpse of my bum as I straightened up and yelled out "oh no! I missed him bending over!" and then grabbed my arse as I walked past! Word of advice for new F/A's - NEVER tell anyone at the airline when it's your birthday!

[Edited 2004-04-21 10:11:41]

Starlionblue

Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:52 pm

Espion007: How is it embarrasing to you if she forgot to lock the door? I don't get it.

[Edited 2004-04-21 10:02:53]
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

aircadet

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:01 pm

Had a severe case of diarrhea just before my flight DJE MLA On an avro rj70. Half way through the flight another attack, Anyone who's ever been on an RJ knows it's small and the toilets are extremely small. But if you have to go you have to go, thank god the flight was nearly empty but I still think I killed the person who used it after me.
tlaqna hi

DeltaGuy

Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:01 pm

Was 2 weeks ago, actually.....was on a DL B763, JAX-ATL. Sitting in the last row of F/C, aisle, and had my bag and a few other people's in the overhead bin right above my head. So, the damn door on the bin kept flying open, the lock just wouldn't stick...we taxied, it'd fly open..slam it shut..and again..slam it shut.

As we took off, it flew open again.....with bags teetering over the side. So I stood up right after takeoff, maybe 1,000 feet on the climbout, and kept on trying to slam the thing shut...as soon as I did, it'd keep flying open again...all the pax around me thought it was funny as hell, I fought this thing for about a minute, after about 20 attempts, it finally grabbed- after all the attention I had attracted!

Needless to say, I was feeling less-than-professional. Some funny looks on the walk outta the jet  Big grin

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

tristarenvy

RE: Most Embarrassing Moment On A Flight

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:15 am

On a CO flight from TPA to Houston in 1994. My wife, 6 month old daughter, and I were the absolute last folks to board. The gate agent told us to forget the flight, as it was totally overbooked, and we were flying Buddy Passes. After a quick head count, he grabs us, says "Got two seats, but not together.' Wife elects to hold daughter as baby tends to get squawky if she 's away from mamma too long. Flight was stopping over in New Orleans, and was full of football fans going to a game there. All loud, and getting full of liquor. Well, somewhere over the Gulf of Mexico, the daughter makes an odor of epic and Biblical proportions. Plane becomes silent. I was 3 rows ahead of wife and kid, and I swear, I thought something had died. When plane landed, wife hands me the baby, as she fetches diapers from the overhead, and I get some of the worst looks from passengers.

If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

Starlionblue

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:18 am

TriStarEnvy, I feel for you. However, some px need to remember that they were all babies once upon a time. Sheesh!
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

tristarenvy

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:34 am

Indeed! She's now 10 and wants to tell that story to anyone who'll listen... "Daddy, tell them about the time I got everyone to get off an airplane...."

Hey, a little excitement(or excrement) on a dull flight is the spice of life, no?
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

Starlionblue

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:12 am

No kidding. Some people are just waaay too sensitive. I could get the breastfeeding thread back a few weeks, but I can't be bothered to search for it. We've all been babies and a little smell won't kill you. Or the merest glimpse of a bared breast...

amhilde

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:13 am

Well, i managed to absolutely and utterly nail my head on the overhead bin while getting on a Buzz flight in BOD to STN. I mean you could hear head hitting bin and a bunch of people asked if i was ok and "gee that hurt" . And i was sitting next to some cute guys!

Not exactly embarassing, but i tend to get sick to my stomach when arriving in LHR from LAX. I dont know WHAT the problem is, but ive tried all sorts of things and for the past two or three years this has been happening without fail. Body knows EXACTLY when we are within 50 minutes of landing because start getting shaky with grumbly tummy and Im hoping we dont get in a hold pattern. Once I had to go running in there within a minute of touchdown and didnt emerge for a WHILE afterwards- everyone was off the plane and the cleaning guys were already on. Was definitely embarassing to say goodbye to the crew! ( now an immodium AD with normal immodium seems to work ok- took about 4 pills the last trip but it seemed to work to an extent!)
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

NWAFA

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:15 am

Working the back of an A320....lady goes into the lav....there is a group of people outside of it..we are all talking, we hit a bump in the road, the door flies open, and here is the gal sitting on the lav doing her business, looks at us and waves....I thought I was going to pee my pants!
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:16 am

TriStarEnvy.....,

That's classic! HA! ...and I thought chicks painting their nails was bad!

CougarAviator

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:16 am

In my college days, I was coming back from Paris to Houston. We were delayed 2 hours due to Hydraulic failure on an AF 747. So of course me and my buddies drank them out of liquor. Once we reached cruise altitude, I managed to fill two barf bags.

Of course this was before I became a pilot......Ah, the innocence of youth.
Failure is not an option.....

Starlionblue

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:19 am

NWAFA said:
Working the back of an A320....lady goes into the lav....there is a group of people outside of it..we are all talking, we hit a bump in the road, the door flies open, and here is the gal sitting on the lav doing her business, looks at us and waves....I thought I was going to pee my pants!

I don't see how this is embarrasing either... Haven't you ever seen a woman pee before?

NWAFA

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:19 am

Thought it was embarrasing for HER.
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

7e72004

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:24 am

On a flight from CLE to PHL...went to use the bathroom with my cell phone in my shirt front pocket...i go to lean over to flush and my phone falls in. I go to grab it only to have my arm come out green...luckily the toilet was just "emptied." although the green stuck around for a little bit!  Big grin
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

Starlionblue

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:25 am

NWAFA. I see your point, but if she waved I don't really think she cared that much... My wife would probably have done the same thing.

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:30 am

I once had an elderly lady insist on an aisle seat assignment, as she exclaims

***"Oooh, you had bettah' get me an aisle, cause' I just had my hair done."***

To this day, I have no idea how I managed to hold it together until she left.

Wow!

Starlionblue

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:34 am

LOL. Kudos to you for not letting her have it. I would have laughed had I been close by. Seriously folks. Ever heard of a brush???

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:36 am

...She actually thought the windows opened... Whew!

henpol747

Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:50 am

Once, back in the 80´s flying MEX-IAH-CDG in an AF´s 742 I accidentally dropped a can of Coke (sorry for the ad!!) over the woman sitting next to me. You can´t imagine how bad I felt. No way of changing clothes, the sugar melting and becoming sticky. The true flight from hell for her, and for me because of the embarresement!! Embarrassment

Cheers,

Henpol747
Vive la France! ¡Viva México!

OmShanti

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:29 am

Hi all
Straying away from the exact question, I once witnessed the funniest thing ever in BMI flight two years back. It was on a BMI A321 from LHR to CDG and there was a mechanical problem with the monitor which kept closing in and opening out. More stranger was it's exact location which was directly above the headrest. (is that a normal location?) The poor soul that sat underneath put on quite a show for people behind him on the same side. The monitor would start coming out and you would see his neck bending downwards. Flight attendants responded very friendly but no alternative on a full flight. The poor guy was the nicest guy who just bent his neck quitely and never made a noise while he sparked laughter from people throughout the short flight.'

On a side note, aren't there any serious legal implication that the airline has to consider in regards to this?

Omshanti

fspilot747

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:46 am

For some reason I always get embarassed a bit when I'm putting my bag in the overhead. I guess it's cause my rollerbag is always slightly stuffed and I have to give it a shove or two to get it in.

In middle school, we took a class field trip to DC. On one of the planes, an MD80, I was in the Lavatory taking a whiz, and just as I was unzipping, the hot british chick from my homeroom opened up. I forgot to lock the door.

FSP

hz747300

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:50 am

I passed out on the upper deck of a Saudia 747-300. I remember standing up to go pee, feeling light headed, then I remember waking up on the floor with a bunch of people standing around me. I had a glass of orange juice and was just fine the rest of the flight.
Keep on truckin'...

cbphoto

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:57 am

Ohhh boy, I remember when I was young, I was onboard a Air Canada CRJ, the toilet it a tiny hole in the wall. Non the less during the flight, I walked up to go use the bathroom, and I didn't see any one go to the bathroom before me, so I thought the coast was clear. I got to the door, and saw that it was unlocked, so I decided to open it, and in there was a women doing her buisness. She screeemed soooo loud you could have sworn the jet was going down or something. The FA comes running back to see whats going on, where as I was just standing there so embarrassed. It turned out the door didn;t lock for some reason, and she appoligized later on, but seeing as though I was 8 or so, I was pretty embarrassed. That put a nice touch to the remainder of my vacation!
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

Jkw777

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:03 am

When I flew LGW-MCO when I was younger, I got ill about an hour away from touchdown. I remember throwing up (Yes, very pleasant I know  Big grin) in the bathroom and someone opened the door whilst I was bringing it up and I swear the whole plane heard me. I got some funny ass looks when I come out  Sad Embarrassment

That had to of been the only time in my life I got air sickness!

Justin  Smile
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

VS346

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:04 am

LOL HZ747300, I can just imagine someone passed out in the middle of the aisle. That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

For my most embarrassing moment: when I was a kid, I flew on my first flight as a UM. We hit some rough air and dropped a few hundred feet and I instinctively grabbed the arm rest. Only catch was the lady next to me was already using it, so I grabbed her arm instead and breathed in real quickly with fear. Needless to say I was embarrassed and it was a bizarre rest of the flight.

Cheers,

VS346
Virgin-Atlantic: More experience than our name suggests

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:06 am

Cbphoto... I betcha' that stupid woman locks the lav door always now, after that. You helped her for life at 8 years of age! Bravo!..  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Gib

nm19371

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:07 am

When I was 13, I was flying ATH-FCO-BOS with my parents - my mom had a few too many bloody marys and starts arguing with my dad over something - I forget what. Anyway, all the pax were staring at us and there I was stuck in the middle of a domestic dispute. My mom breaks down in tears, grabs my arm and gets up demanding that they let her and me off the plane as she tells my dad that she's divorcing him. There still together now and very happy, some 20 years later so I can laugh at the whole thing.

cbphoto

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:08 am

LOL.......I am sure I did, I hope she learned a lesson from it, because I sure did, always knock before entering!!
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

aircraft88

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:33 am

It didn't exactly happen to me but I was on a BY 762 going LGW-IBZ and the flight attendants starting their drink service. There was a pretty attractive young women infront of me who was wearing a rather low-cut top! The flight attendant moved onto the row infront of me where the lady was and said to the lady "ice?" the women replied "yes please" then before you know it, the flight attendant was picking the ice up with a rather large pair of tongues and one of the ice cubes popped out of the tongues and went down the ladys top! She said to go to the toilet to remove it!

I felt sorry for her as everybody was looking and she just went bright red and ran to the toilet! Shortly after that, the flight attendant would not stop apologizing throughout the 2 hour flight!

Jamie.
Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no!

hz747300

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:55 am

Handling ice cubes with tongues? skimpy tops? It's too good to be true!
Keep on truckin'...

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:57 am

On the subject of lav's....

A friend, who's a DL f/a, once told me about this dude who came out of the lav AFTER arriving at the gate... He advised he had went to the lav sometime around final, and when the light came on that read "RETURN TO SEAT", he sat back down in the lav until it went off.

Just damn...

BMAbound

Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:01 am

On a SAS A330 from ORD to ARN, I was lucky enough to have 3 seats for myself, the 4th seat to the far left of the middle section was occupied by a really hot woman and a few hrs into the flight, I fall asleep, in a somewhat horizontal position. Waking up a little later, I found my dirty feet in her lap... She was too nice to wake me up but immediately said "sheesh, you don't smell very good..."

That hurt...  Big thumbs up

johan
Altitude is Insurance - Get Insured

Starlionblue

Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:05 am

I once stood up to go to the lav. Slight bump. I had to grab hold of the back of a seat to keep my balance. Unfortunately I grabbed a guy's bald head. Oops... He took it well.

I still don't see the embarrasment at seeing a woman pee. I do every day... Granted I know the woman in question pretty well  Big grin

Anyway the embarassment should be on the woman if anything. If she doesn't want to show off herself peeing, she should lock the door. In case the door doesn't lock, hold the door with one hand or simply ask an F/A to stand outside for a minute.

Not to be ethnic here, but maybe it's an anglo-american thing? In Sweden, not that many women would care. In fact, I know plenty of girls who leave the toilet door open so they can keep talking.

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:13 am

Hey.....

New Topic Idea ==== Are you a member of the "mile high club?" If so, what a/c type were you aboard and what was the routing?

Joking, of course....

Disregard

aussie_

Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:43 am

I was on a Virgin Blue flight in row one. Naughty me (I should know better), I was chatting to my friend through the safety demonstration - after all I hear it many, many times.

Anyway the F/A sitting directly opposite (next to the other F/A who was reading out the Demo on the PA) got up gave me a slap across the face and told me in no uncertain terms to the rather hushed plane how rude I was.

greatansett

Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:47 am

AUSSIE That is the worst story I've heard. Did you say anything back to her?
Ron Paul 2012

Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:55 am

Probably the time i was travelling LTN-EDI on easyJet.

Me @ woman on tarmack (pointing at a plane) "is this the Edinburgh plane"
Women "yes"

we boarded the plane and had to sit right at the back (737). Once they had shut the doors the captian announced the temperature and flight time to MAD. so we had to scramble to the front of the plane and tell them to let us off, most embarrassing

khushdesi

Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:01 am

aussie i think you should be slapped for such a fake sounding story.  Smile

m404

Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:15 am

On an airline no longer in existence one of the Flight Attendants thought he/she worked for WN or at least felt the attempt at humor was called for while announcing the dinner service (remember those?) It was an evening departure from ORD and full of suit types that just wanted to go home at the end of the week. The extreme actions and behavior of the FA fell on deaf ears and mid-west sense of humor. Wild sexual gyrations concerning bananas as snacks went into stony silence. This wasn't Sunset Blvd but he/she didn't know it. This went on for some time before it sunk in and he slunk off but not before blowing a kiss to the unappreciative crowd. The crew was mortified. The pax were embarrassed and mad. That was before comedy stereotypes were politically correct. Many complained to the rest of the crew and I saw one couple and daughter getting the ear of the agent on arrival about it.
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

captaink

Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:18 am

Sitting in row 3 on a US A319 night flight. I suddenly jumped up, after dozing off a bit, only to realize I was putting on quite a drooling show for the cabin. My head was leaning to the aisle. THe A319 doesnt separate the cabin with a curtain anymore. SO quite a few people in coach was privelidged to that show...
There is something special about planes....

pr1268

Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:27 am

Spilling my Coke all over my lap on WN AUS-BWI last summer. The rather attractive woman sitting in the aisle seat (I was in the window seat) was kinda cool, but since nobody sat in the middle seat I had this intense self-conscious feeling for the remainder of the flight.

I'm such a klutz...  Insane
The only time an aircraft has too much fuel is when it is on fire.

Skydrol

Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:46 am

FSPilot747 wrote:
>>>
In middle school, we took a class field trip to DC. On one of the planes, an MD80, I was in the Lavatory taking a whiz, and just as I was unzipping, the hot british chick from my homeroom opened up. I forgot to lock the door.
<<<

Perfect response:

"I've been waiting for you!!"

Then you lock the door!  Big thumbs up
∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

asuflyer05

Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:16 pm

I was sitting in the window seat on a redeye from PHX to EWR. I woke up and really had to go to the bathroom but the woman in the aisle was sleeping and blocking my way. So in half-awake, half-assed moment of clarity, I decided to try and climb over her. I got my one leg over and was on top of her legs when I hit bumped into her and woke her up. All I could say was "I know this doesn't look right, but I really didn't want to wake you up. I am so sorry. I really have to go the bathroom. I am so sorry."

By the look on her face I could tell she thought me being on top of her while she was sleeping was bizarre and was pretty upset.

YEGaircanada

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:52 pm

I was in the bathroom (but I don't remember when or where I was headed too, or even the airline....I was young!), and I had totally finished up using the lav, when the plane hit some turbulence. Of course (all embarassing things happen to me!), I stumbled somewhat and hit the flight attendant call button. Well, the light went on inside the button in the lav and I had heard the 'ding' sound, but I didn't think that I was the one that made it 'ding'. So, I pushed it again to turn it off, but it didn't go off.....and again....it 'dinged'. A few seconds later, I had a knock on the door asking me if I needed any assistance in using the bathroom. I said 'no' and came out looking very red and crimson! Plus....there was a line-up waiting for that same lav.....very embarassing for me! I was a young teen!
NBC(vanguard)student

flyboy1980

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:08 pm

I dropped a revolting, smelly salmon stuffed pancake on a pax's arm as I was serving once. We didn't have any tongs so I was using a flat cake slice thing, and being round and rolled up, it rolled right off and onto this woman. Luckily for me she was a non-English speaking tourist so I just apologised and kept on going as I doubted that she understood my "I'm very sorry"! I was new however and extremely embarrassed!

InnocuousFox

Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:27 am

"New Topic Idea ==== Are you a member of the "mile high club?"

Oh brother... you are new here, aren't you? I don't think we have EVER discussed THAT!  Insane

"I got my one leg over and was on top of her legs when I hit bumped into her and woke her up. All I could say was "I know this doesn't look right, but I really didn't want to wake you up. I am so sorry. I really have to go the bathroom. I am so sorry."

Or... you could have gone with the 'Fight Club' line: "Now, the question of manners. Do I give you the ass or the crotch?"
Dave Mark - Intrinsic Algorithm - Reducing the world to mathematical equations!