wolkenridder

New Airport At QRO?

Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:34 pm

Hello everyone!

I've heared here and in other places that they are building a brand-new airport at Querétaro, México.

Can you guys in Mexico give us some details, links, fotos, info regarding this new terminal? I was seeking information in the net and couldn't find much, I even had a look at the web site of Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares and there is nothing.

What kind of Airport is this going to be? Are AM and MX planning to operate out from there? Any plans for flights North-of-the-Border from QRO?

Queretaro is one of the richest and fastest-growing cities in Mexico and think that really deserves an airport in good conditions.
Can't wait to see the New Barajas ready

EddieDude

RE: New Airport At QRO?

Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:38 am

Hey Víctor, how are you my friend? Don't pay too much attention to my reply because I have not read any official info. I would think the Querétaro airport is a P.P.P. (public-private project) very much like PBC. I would also think that cargo operations are going to be a very strong part of the airport. That's my two cents.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

cx340

Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:48 am

Wolkwnridder,

All I know is that is has a 15,000 feet concrete runway, the longest commercial runway in Mexico. I had the opportunity to overfly the new airport around two months ago, while on descent on a MEX-BJX flight, and it does stand out as a very large development. It seemed to me like the runway was complete but I did not see any flight activity.

acho

Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:48 am

Apparently the airport will have CO ERJ service to IAH as soon as it opens. The airport has the longest runway in Mexico from what I heard. The airport is 6km off the Mexico-Queretaro highway, you would go on the bridge next to Kellogs. Then from there you can see the CT in the distance.

Hope this helps!

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Andrew Goldstone
MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Andrew Goldstone

ghost77

Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:48 am

From what I've heard and read on the newspapers is that Mexicana, Aerocaribe, Aviacsa, AeroMexico, Aerolitoral, AeroMar, Estafeta, Gacela Air Cargo and Continental Express are the airlines that have showed interest on flying out from QET.

Construction still is very primitive. SCT had problems to relocate the QET's VOR. Another stupid thing to mention is that old QET airport will be closed after the new one start operations. The old airport could work perfectly for private operations and more! But instead, somebody choose the brilliant idea to close the airport. As for today, old MMQT is still operating and so far will be continue to operate..... http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?airport=MMQT Effective: 15 April 2004 to 12 May 2004

Ricardo APM  Smile

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos