Refueler1974
Topic Author

Northwest Airlink Colors....

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:25 am

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the Northwest Airlink aircraft will be painted in the new colors of Northwest airlines. I would imagine that they would be eventually, but I am not certain. Anybody have some info about this?

Thanks!
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

PHLBOS

RE: Northwest Airlink Colors....

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:30 am

If I'm not mistaken, every Airlink aircraft EXCEPT the Saabs will eventually be repainted in the new scheme. Not quite sure as towards why the Saabs are excluded. Is Mesaba Airlines (Northwest Airlink) planning to phase them out in favor of RJs?
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

m404

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:32 am

I know that the Pinnacle CRJs are being delivered in new CS and have seen them and a thread on same subject last week said Mesaba ARJs would be. Saabs at Pinnacle still a question.
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

Gib

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:35 am

I see CRJ's here in the new c/s maybe 2 or 3 times a week. MOB has 3 departures daily. Don't know specific numbers.

Tailwinds,

Gib

Refueler1974
Topic Author

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:43 am

Phasing out the SF3s? I don't know if that would be practical considering the fact that some airport don't have a large enough pax load to suport a RJ. We have Mesaba flying into AEX...they definitely don't load out enough paxs for an RJ! lol
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

PHLBOS

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:51 am

Is Mesaba Airlines (Northwest Airlink) planning to phase them out in favor of RJs?

I only asked that because it seems that when an aircraft does not get resprayed in the new livery; it usually implies that the type is being phased out. Examples of this include US' DC9s (minus N928VJ which had a hybrid Shuttle treatment) and MD-80s; which maintained the 1989 era USAir livery until the planes were retired.

My earlier reply was NOT intended to start a rumor.

Regards,

Chris  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

geg2rap

Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:52 am

Pinnacle has not flown saabs since 2001 saabs are a no go on new colors
ARJ are no go on new colors still someone decides to pay for the painting of them currently NW and Mesaba can't agree so get out your touch up kit for the bowling shoe

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos