flyaa757

Trip Report: IND-ORD-LGA

Sun Feb 06, 2000 3:31 am

When I last checked on Wednesday, then forecast for central Indiana for Friday was supposed to be mid-40s(F) and mostly sunny. I was relieved that I might just once escape midwest winter weather flying. Unfortunately, that was not to be the case. I awoke Friday to light snow and strong winds. This was njot good as the AE EM4's I was scheduled on arent to much fun to be in in rough weather. I headed for the airport very early, to make sure everything would work out okay. I was scheduled on the 3:57 Eagle ERJ-145 departure to ORD to connect to a waiting AA 757. I was informed at check in that my ORD-LGA flight had been cancelled. I was very dissapointed as I had scheduled that particular flight because I havent been on an AA 757 in about 8 months. The easiest way for me to get home was the USAirways nonstop flight at 250. I ran over to the gate at 245 to see no a/c. It was pulling in as I returned from the bathroom. After a quick turnaround and cleaning, we were airborne on USAir DC9-30 N966VJ. This was my first time on US, and I wasnt overly impressed, nor dissapointed. All I can say is "nothing special" We clibed above the snow and the beautiful ATA Hawaii L1011 parked at IND into a bright blue sky for a 1hr50min flight. We broke through the clouds in a dark NY sky to see snow every where and flakes wizzing past the window. After a very thrust-reverser heavy landing, we taxied over to the USAir terminal. Interesting a/c at LGA were: Eagle's new 135 708AE and USShuttle A320s N104UW and N111US.
Overall, on a curved scale 1-10, 1 being Servivensa, 7 being AA/DL and 10 being LH or SQ, I would give USAirways 5.5

RE: Trip Report: IND-ORD-LGA

Sun Feb 06, 2000 8:56 am

What is the reg on the ATA L-1011 (Hawaii)?

Sounds like a descent trip afterall!

ATA L-1011

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos