Droneklax
Topic Author

AF New Paint Scheme

Sun Feb 06, 2000 5:38 am

Is there one? Can anyone confirm rumors that they are FINALLY retiring that 25 year-old scheme?

If yes, where can we peek at it?

Are You Talking About Air France?

Sun Feb 06, 2000 6:27 am

Are you talking about Air France?

Droneklax
Topic Author

RE: AF New Paint Scheme

Sun Feb 06, 2000 11:24 am

Yes

Sun Feb 06, 2000 6:19 pm

I apologize if I sounded too rude or ignorant or anything. I just wanted to be sure what airline you were referring to. I've been a plane buff since I was a child, it's just that I haven't been to Europe since 1991! But anyway, to get to the point, I haven't heard of anything concerning new c/s(colour schemes, of course) for AF. May I ask where you heard something like that?

AF Cabin Crew

Sun Feb 06, 2000 8:15 pm

Well there are a lot of gossip going about saying that our next A340-300 which will be delivered in june will bear AF's new colour scheme. The aircraft will be bearing our flying seahorse more proeminently.
Also we are changing uniforms in 2002 and you should see a new economy class around the end of 2000 and a new First Class soon after.

Happy Flying,

AF Cabin Crew
Ia Maitai to tatou tere !

AFa340-300E

Sun Feb 06, 2000 8:21 pm

Hello,

I confirm what AF Crew Cabin said.
First, they were rumored to fit it on the A340-300E delivred this month.
I'm quite sure they'll change it. They have been so many rumors and it would be logical.

However, we should note that since 1976 the c/s isn't so much old-fashioned. Plus AF was the first to introduce the "euro-white".

Best regards,
Alain Mengus

Droneklax
Topic Author

Mon Feb 07, 2000 2:49 am

Thanks. AF Cabin Crew, have you seen the flying horse?

The 1976 scheme was good when it was introduced, I remember loving it: sober, classy. However, 25 years is too long for the image, particularly for an airline that has been through much turmoil and whose image has been somewhat tarnished.

I always wonder why AF is always a bit lethargic in embracing changes. They were the last big airline to have a web site, for example. Same thing with their frequent flyer program: it was introduced very late, and is still indigent in benefits.

I wish I could fly them again, I stopped flying AF from LA to France a few years back, their on-board and customer services had become really bad.
(sorry AF Cabin Crew- I'm sure you were not on board!) ;-)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos