ultrapig

SW Plane Evacuated In STL Bomb Threat

Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:18 pm

KMOX radio reports plane just evacuated in STL because bomb threat note found in plane.

ultrapig

RE: SW Plane Evacuated In STL Bomb Threat

Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:47 pm

Someone had written on a catalog in seat back that there was a bomb on plane. Passengers deplanned on tarmac near runway and bussed to terminal no panic-probably a nut, hoax.

STL to MCO flight

Carry on's search after deplaning

Thrust

Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:49 pm

This is extremely disturbing news, especially since I live in St. Louis. This is the second time I recall that WN has received a bomb threat, or was the first time an actual bomb found in the plane's bathroom while the plane was on the ground?
Fly one thing; Fly it well

ifly2eat

Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:53 pm

I am not quite sure why this is so disturbing. Idiots are among us! One of SWA's finest passengers probably had a few too many on the flight before and scrawled the note. It is not particularly disturbing, except once again it illustrates the complete lack of intelligence the general traveling public has.
Fly the friendly skys and stay out of mine.

InnocuousFox

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:03 am

US Air did it. It's their last ditch effort.
Dave Mark - Intrinsic Algorithm - Reducing the world to mathematical equations!

Thrust

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:06 am

Ifly2eat, it's disturbing for me because this occured in my home town, and also because it is only another reminder that even after 9/11 people refuse to learn...just pathetic.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

goingboeing

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:30 am

This is extremely disturbing news, especially since I live in St. Louis. This is the second time I recall that WN has received a bomb threat, or was the first time an actual bomb found in the plane's bathroom while the plane was on the ground?

Neither actually. It was TSA banned substances that were in the lav. Makes me more concerned about what is getting thru the security checkpoints.

OPNLguy

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:32 am

>>>US Air did it. It's their last ditch effort.

Neither true, nor funny...but it is rather insulting and insensitive towards USAirways employees, who neither deserve or need it at this point in their airline's history.

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

ultrapig

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:34 am

Post-Dispatch
04/23/2004

Passengers of a Southwest Airlines flight to Orlando were abruptly evacuated from their plane this morning at Lambert Field after a passenger found a reference to a bomb in a magazine.

No explosives were found, said Lambert Field Police Chief Paul Mason.

Southwest flight 822 was moved to a remote part of the airport after the note was discovered shortly before 8:30 a.m. Mason said the luggage was removed, as well, while bomb-sniffing dogs went through the plane.

Mason said the writing in the magazine read: "There is a bomb on this plane. You are about to crash and blow up." The magazine could have been in the plane for up to six weeks, he said.

The incident is under investigation. The flight is expected to leave later this morning.

FlyGuyClt

Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:36 am

Get ready for another summer of the "Flying Clampets" and things they find to be funny. Oh boy. Here we go again !

Just glad it did not pan out to be a legit claim and that no one was hurt.

Safe Flying  Smile

Somethings just are not funny.
Florida Express, Braniff II and ......

goingboeing

Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:43 am

Get ready for another summer of the "Flying Clampets" and things they find to be funny. Oh boy. Here we go again !

I assume this is in reference to Airline. Here's a challenge for you...every evening, the TV show "Cops" is run on Court TV. Back to back episodes. In watching that, I can only say that there is no way I'd live in Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Seattle, El Paso, Cleveland, Indianapolis, New York, or a host of other cities, because all they ever show are a bunch of white trash drunks or black or hispanic drug dealers, and I couldn't see myself living in a city where everybody was like that.

atrude777

Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:40 am

I can assure you it was actually Flight 821 and NOT 822 SOuthwest does NOT fly a 822 STL-MCO. Kinda odd, I flew that exact flight number myself in JUne. Kinda chilling in a way. Aircraft was a Boeing 737-500. Odd, When I flew it was a 737-700, and it was scheduled to be a -300 and a week before a -200 flew the route. INteresting, anyways glad to see everyone is ok.
Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

freshlove1

Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:23 am

OPNLguy welcom to my respected list. you are true with what you say, apparently lots of people on this site think its real funny that almost 30,000 people could potentially lose their jobs soon, I bet if it was them about to lose their job it would be a different story. People just don't get it sometimes.

BR715-A1-30

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:26 pm

They should fingerprint the magazine, and pull in everyone who touched it. That is why I ALWAYS take the magazine in front of me. That way if somebody decides to deface it afterwards, they won't call on me.  Smile In fact, Everything I touch on an airplane leaves with me (Safetycards don't count, as I have memorized the 717 by heart)
Puhdiddle