TWA Flight 800...TWA's Organizational Culture

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:46 pm

Hello friends,

for my organizational comm class, we are currently reviewing case studies that have to do with large corporations and organizational structure. luckily for my we drew the case about TWA's reaction following the crash of Flight 800. We are to analyze TWA's response following the crash, and the organizational structure of TWA around this time period to find the methods that they were using, correct or incorrect. I was wondering if anyone had any details they cared to share about TWA's management structure, and how communication played a part in their operation. Any help would be appreciated, we present a week from today (monday the 26).
Do you like movies about gladiators?

RE: TWA Flight 800...TWA's Organizational Culture

Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:53 pm

Don't know if I can help much, but I was working in TWA's engine shop that night. We received NO info from management. Most of the info we got was from radio/tv media. The usual things happened, i.e. all maintenance records were sealed, pax lists, crew list etc.

The media was informed that Jeff Erickson(sp?) CEO, returned from London that night, but several guys I know working STL said they saw his Learjet takeoff.

If you have any specific questions shoot me an email