acho

Connecting At MAD

Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:12 am

Nexy 29 of may im going to fly DUB-MAD-MEX. How is MAD conections time? Is it easy? how much time will it take?

thanks in advance

anxebla

RE: Connecting At MAD

Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:08 am

Acho....
Don't worry for MAD conections.You will arrive to T-1 if your way out is from Ireland or UK (no Schengen) the same terminal for to take the flight to MEX(T1 gates A or B) Conections are easy, again don't worry. You don't need many time.
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

JOSEMEX

Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:09 am

I assume you'll be flying IB all the way? In that case you should have no problem, as they'll give you your boarding pass at DUB and your bags should be checked all the way to MEX. I don't know how much time you have between flights but, say, 90 min, would be plenty of time (considering the fact that you wil not have to go through security at MAD and that, since you're connecting from a non-Schengen country to a north-american destination, you will not have to go through passport control at MAD).

You're lucky you won't have to go from the domestic terminal to the internationalterminal (that's an awfully long walk).

bullpitt

Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:42 am

Hi JoseMEX

just in case you didn't know there's a bus from T1 to T2 so you don't have to walk if you don't want to. For ache as joshing said if your flying to MEX on IB then you'll get your boarding pass and seat at DUB, bags checked all the way through, so all you have to do when you arrive is find out your gate and enjoy your flight.  Big thumbs up

These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

JOSEMEX

Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:04 am

Hi, Fernando.

Since my connections at MAD have always been from T1 to the domestic side, I wasn't sure if that bus also stopped at T2, so I didn't want to "meter la pata" and give out wrong information.  Smile

By the way, that bus is a wonderful ride, as you get to see many of the planes real close. That's one of the things I will certainly miss when the new terminal opens.

LHR340

Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:25 am

Extremely easy just follow the signs, and it's usually pretty quick. You will be checked in all the way through so just get off the plane and find your next gate.

Shame you're not connecting to another terminal as you get a bus airside and you get to see all the planes at the gates real close Big grin. One of the reasons I like connecting there.

LHR340
A340 LoVeR! EC-GQK - LHR The Bussiest International Airport & 3rd Bussiest In The World!