aussie747

Routes Needing An Increase In Capacity

Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:11 pm

Following on from cities that need new services, It got me thinking there are some services that need a desperate increase in capacity and I do not just mean seasonally but all year around.

As a corporate travel agent, I am frequently annoyed at the lack of capacity in J and Y class between SYD and LAX on a year round basis especially MAY to AUGUST and DECEMBER to JANAURY

Lately it is hard to get seats at short notice even within several weeks on some occasions. The capacity of Qantas with some 14300 seats a week and United some 5300 seats a week does very little.

The decision on Fridays and Sundays for Qantas to fly the route 4 times a day does little to improve the situation either.

I am just wondering if there is any other select routes that are experiencing the same problems.

MAS777

RE: Routes Needing An Increase In Capacity

Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:07 pm

London - Kuala Lumpur in my opinion is similarly annoying to book tickets on. As a frequent flyer on the route, MAS flights are often full to the brim. This is despite flying double/thrice daily 747s out of LHR and 4 times a week out of Manchester.

Even as KLM and MAS flights out of Amsterdam continue to cope with this overspill from secondary UK airport departure points - it surprises me that UK and Australian carriers still continue to plug Singapore as an alternative! Its like trying to convince people in Victoria or Queensland that an airline serves them albeit by flying into Sydney...

keno

RE: Routes Needing An Increase In Capacity

Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:14 pm

Mas777,
I would also like to see Manchester - Kuala Lumpur to be upgraded to at least daily flights. Earlier, their 777 services were upgraded to 744, so I guess it's now the time to further increase the frequency. I believe obtaining a slot in MAN would be a lot less headache than in LHR.

[Edited 2004-04-29 15:15:23]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos