Pe@rson
Topic Author

Is LBA Worth A Day Trip?

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:34 am

Do you think LBA is worth a day trip? I ask because I might make my first trip tomorrow. It would seem that it's busiest period is roughly between 1630 and 1900ish, but I won't be able to stay until later than about 1730-1800.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

HUYfan

RE: Is LBA Worth A Day Trip?

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:37 am

I ususally have a day trip in the summer, get to MAN for about 9.30am, stay until about 2pm and then to LBA for a few hours on the way home  Smile

I think you would find it more interesting in the summer, with all the IT flights.

Regards

Mike

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:41 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Does the view from the cafe in the terminal still exist?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Leezyjet

Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:44 am

The view from the cafe is now largely obscured by a new walkway that has been built accross the front of the terminal building.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Steven Grace

In the photo above, if you look next to the very end of the runway at the 14 end, you can just see a small corner of a road. Just above this road is a small parking area from which to watch the a/c - can get some very good shots from there.

Also if you look at the sandy coloured area just above the new Multiflight hangers, that too also gives a good overall view of the airport, although it's a bit rough to take your car on unless you have a 4x4, but if you drive slowly it's ok.

There is also a public footpath that runs around the perimeter of the south eastern corner of the airport that can be found at the far end of the sandy coloured bit, you can get almost next the the 32 threshold if you walk far enough.

The airport itself is is not very good for viewing anymore since they built the new walkway, although it does have a Burger King now - just glad it didn't when I worked there otherwise I'd be the size of a house.  Laugh out loud

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos