qqflyboy

Pax Fined For Disruption On AA 122

Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:14 am

From Jetwire, AA's employee newsletter:

On April 22, two Canadian citizens caused a disruption on AA's Flight 122 JFK-LHR. The passengers were charged by an Irish Court with various counts of assault and criminal damage for roaming the premium cabin aisles, assaulting the purser and for pulling down the oxygen masks in one row of seats. The men were banned from flying on any airline for two years except to return to the United States; however, American, Aer Lingus, Continental and BA have refused to fly the two back to the United States. The two men have been ordered to pay full restitution to American in the amount of nearly 20,000 euros.

Serves them right. I wonder if AC will take 'em home? They better restrain them if so.
The views expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect my employer’s views.

prosa

RE: Pax Fined For Disruption On AA 122

Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:57 am

On April 22, two Canadian citizens caused a disruption on AA's Flight 122 JFK-LHR. The passengers were charged by an Irish Court with various counts of assault and criminal damage for roaming the premium cabin aisles, assaulting the purser and for pulling down the oxygen masks in one row of seats. The men were banned from flying on any airline for two years except to return to the United States; however, American, Aer Lingus, Continental and BA have refused to fly the two back to the United States. The two men have been ordered to pay full restitution to American in the amount of nearly 20,000 euros.
Serves them right. I wonder if AC will take 'em home? They better restrain them if so.

I don't see why an airline would refuse to fly them back home, apart from one another of course. After that huge fine I suspect they'll be on their very best behavoir!
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

flyboy36y

Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:03 pm

however, American, Aer Lingus, Continental and BA have refused to fly the two back to the United States. The two men have been ordered to pay full restitution to American in the amount of nearly 20,000 euros.

Oh god! That's the worst punishment of them all.... having to fly UNITED*.

*I know, I know, Air Canada, Virgin, and a few others could also get them home.

FLAIRPORT

Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:06 pm

USAirways is worse...MUCH worse!
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

aa777flyer

Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:28 pm

Hey it could be a nice swim!!!! I am glad that they are getting their just due punishment, IMHO they should serve time in prison as well!
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

Tiger119

Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:26 pm

On April 22, two Canadian citizens caused a disruption on AA's Flight 122 JFK-LHR. The passengers were charged by an Irish Court.................... " Was alcohol a factor? I guess this flight diverted? To which airport? I don't remember hearing about this flight.

As far as getting back home, I heard the QE2 was going to be making trips back and forth across the pond this year, maybe they can get a birth on that boat, that way when and if they "act up" the crew can toss 'em overboard!  Innocent
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

FLYtoEGCC

Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:06 pm

Make them walk via Russia, Asia, Alaska and Canada! Then they might not think about behaving like that again...
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...