Capital146
Topic Author

Oversight Causes EasyJet Cancellations Today

Sat May 01, 2004 11:19 pm

A number of easyJet flights were cancelled this morning due to an 'administrative oversight' whereby insurance documents were not placed on a number of aircraft overnight.

Oh dear, not the best way to begin the busy holiday weekend period. Somebody is going to be in bother!

I do applaud easyJet for coming clean about the problems, some other carriers would just try and sweep it under the carpet.

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/news/20040501_02.html
Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

Horus

RE: Oversight Causes EasyJet Cancellations Today

Sun May 02, 2004 1:24 am

A total of 45 flights were cancelled. It couldn't have come at a worst time (start of the Bank Holiday weekend)
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

FLYtoEGCC

Sun May 02, 2004 5:18 am

I hope the ITV crews filming "Airline" were there - watching the passengers find out what happened could make fun viewing!
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

Richard28

Wed May 05, 2004 3:11 am

My flight was one of those cancelled, from STN-AMS. It was cancelled whilst we were waiting to board at the gate.

Fortunately, amongst the scrum, I was able to book on the final (7pm) flight that evening, and spent a boring day at Stansted airport (I don't like the place!) waiting for the flight.

Other pax weren't so lucky, and got re-routed via Luton, flew the next day or had refunds.

This is my 3rd bad easyJet experience in a row, with 4 hour plus waits to Belfast, Barcelona, and now Amsterdam.

Probably just bad luck on my part, but I wasn't impressed with easyJets customer service at STN (all pax seemed to take it rather well, and did not take it out on staff which was nice to see).

I've decided to pay those few extra pounds with BA next time I do a euro short-haul.

Rich.