SkyTeam7488
Topic Author

Southwest TV Ads In Naples, FL

Mon May 03, 2004 7:54 am

I remember seeing Southwest commercials all the time...but I live in Naples, FL which is like 30 miles South of RSW (which WN doesn't even serve)..but yet I see ads for them all the time. But, the airlines that do serve RSW don't even advertise on TV. I guess you could say I'm a little confused as to why WN must advertise here unless they're already planning to hook customers if and when they do decide to start service to RSW when the new terminal opens up, which by the way is halfway done.

Any info is appreciated,
Thanks in advance

TonyO
You only live once... So live the high life.

777gk

RE: Southwest TV Ads In Naples, FL

Mon May 03, 2004 8:16 am

Could have come in on a national feed, since Southwest advertises on most major networks, especially during sporting events.

Also, I think that WN would consider the Naples area to be within its catchment region for the FLL station, and TPA or PBI to a lesser extent.

RSW is another potential WN destination, but APF with it's 5000 foot runways probably wouldn't be such a great place to set up a large scale 737 operation, especially during Florida's hot and humid summers.

emorypilot

Mon May 03, 2004 8:56 am

I think 777gk is right w/the national network stuff. I live in Atlanta and we get their commercials during major events even tho WN obviously has no intents on moving into KATL.

Matt

BishopOfPHL

Mon May 03, 2004 12:15 pm

Somewhat unrelated, but don't want to start a new thread...

I see the various Southwest ads here in PHL for flights to Midway and BOS, which are all well done, even though they're shown ad nausem, esp during any sports. Anway, out of curiousity, could anyone describe what the ads for flights TO Philly are like, either in the Boston or Chicago areas. My buddy who works for an ad agency here is trying to get ahold of a copy of these such ads, but wondering if anyone here has a basic description.

Wish WN would post all of their ads for all markets on their website, but I guess that would require an enormous effort, given WN's comparably huge marketing efforts!

SegmentKing

Mon May 03, 2004 1:35 pm

the Naples terminal isnt set up for jets anyway... plus there are noise restrictions on the airport.. i doubt the NIMBY's would enjoy seeing WN in their back yards!

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

7e72004

Mon May 03, 2004 11:04 pm

Just imagine...driving down the road (i forget the name) that runs right by the airport and seeing a WN jet touch down!  Big thumbs up
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!