supersonic78

Swissair Vs. Swiss

Wed May 05, 2004 8:14 pm

i wonder what you guys think about SWISS, are they still as good as former Swissair ? What changed in your eyes ?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Brändle Lukas

RJ100

RE: Swissair Vs. Swiss

Wed May 05, 2004 8:48 pm

It depends

No way they are as good as Crossair/Swissair on shorthaul (regarding economy class).

SWISS seems to be an excellent choice on longhaul though...

Regards,
RJ100
none

Regis

Wed May 05, 2004 9:17 pm

I live in Geneva and have flown SWISS extensively, but only short-haul. Their aircraft are clean and the staff is courteous, at least for European standards of customer service. What I find disgusting is that they eliminated beverage and food service in economy. You are left with the option of bringing your own food or buying it on board at absurdly high prices.

Swissair at least fed its passengers and for that I give them a higher mark than SWIS. I came to GVA in 2001 so I caught only the last year of Swissair. It was a good airline but the staff morale seemed low, probably due to all of the mismanagement and inconpetence of its CEO.

mozart

Wed May 05, 2004 11:34 pm

I used SWISS on a couple of European flights in business,and I must say they really are excellent. I know they have cut down service in Economy, but in Business they are still the best of the crop in Europe. Maybe that finally they have found a strategy that makes sense: pamper high yield passengers and do the cost cutting in that part of the cabin where you compete with Easyjet (unlike, for instance, Air France, which has cut down its Business Class service to no frills, citing "competition" as a reason. Bad move).

I can only recommend SWISS in C class.

EUSWISS

Wed May 05, 2004 11:48 pm

They are really bad, but fortunately there are many other airlines serving GVA.
I prefer to fly easyjet in Europe, LH, AF or BA worldwide, and CO from GVA to EWR
The only good thing is that LX prices are low but it won't last long before they disappear (again...)

gerardo

Thu May 06, 2004 1:13 am

In my opinion, their product is still above average. They do their jpb efficiently with respect for their customers, which is more, than I could wish on other airlines. I haven't flown them on longhaul though, only on European routes.

Compared to Swissair times, the only difference for me is, that I have to pay for the sandwiches now  Wink/being sarcastic

Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

SQ7345

Thu May 06, 2004 3:01 am

I flew BSL-LHR a lot on SR DC-9-32 back in times when they served hot breakfast in y-class with warmed up "gipfeli"! That was world class.
My last trip with them was BSL-VIE were everybody had to pay for food and drinks although the flight was almost 2 hours late!
Times have changed....

United Airline

Thu May 06, 2004 3:01 am

Swissair used to be the world's most punctual airline.

What about Swiss?

RJ100

Thu May 06, 2004 5:50 am

I have flown Swiss quite a few times recently. All flights were on time. They have had some delay problems in ZRH but that's not Swiss' fault.

If you get cheap Swiss fares then their product is excellent, even on short haul. But if you pay 474 CHF without tax for Switzerland-LHR oneway then I would consider their service very bad.

Just my 2 Rappen,

RJ100
none

supersonic78

Thu May 06, 2004 6:39 am

its interesting how people always get upset because of this new economy concept...

is it really necessary to get any food on a flight during 1 up to 2 hours ???

not to forget that in the US this is common since decades, and this is swapping now over on european carriers such as Austrian and IBERIA...
for sure others will follow...

Regis

Thu May 06, 2004 6:58 am

IMO, it is not. Do away with free food on short haul. But why eliminate beverages also? At 30,000 feet your mouth gets really dry and it is nice to have something to drink. Plus I think it enhances the flying experience. This is my gripe with SWISS: they went from one extreme to another, from serving a three-course lunch to nothing, nada, zip.

not to forget that in the US this is common since decades

With regards to food yes, but drinks are still offered free of charge in most of them. Southwest, the paradigm of LCCs worldwide, still serves complimentary soft drinks AND peanuts. AA, DL, UA and the other majors eliminated meals altogether but have kept the beverage service.

I think this is a fair compromise. Airlines are in the transportation business, so no food, but a glass of coke with ice is not too much to ask.

and this is swapping now over on european carriers such as Austrian and IBERIA...for sure others will follow...

I am so sure others will follow. This is a concepet that works for Easyjet and Ryanair but it is not yet proven to suceed with network carriers. BA and AZ, for example, still maintain their beverage and sandwich service in economy. BA is even using it as an advantage to compete with SWISS. AF, as far as I know, still serves beverages in economy. So does LH. We will have to wait to see.

[Edited 2004-05-06 00:04:45]

supersonic78

Thu May 06, 2004 7:33 am

well dear regis, but tell me how i shall fly for around 150 CHF ZRH-TXL-ZRH on LH or BA or AF ?????

and let me tell you that they did not went from one extreme to another...
there was never a three-course menu in economy class, the biggest thing was a dry sandwich and people always complained about they lousy service !
and belive me cause i served these thing myself as a F/A !

i agree with you that drinks could be complimentary

supersonic78

Thu May 06, 2004 7:37 am

I forgot the most important fact: "BA is even using it as an advantage to compete with SWISS" !
for your information, alle the ZRH-LHR routes are on code-share with BA, so you may book a BA flight but end up in a SWISS aircraft where you have to pay for the food, and we never have any complaints about that...
nevertheless the seat load factor has increased since the introduction of this new concept, so i am very sure LH and BA will be the next ones to come up as they officially said there are having an eye on this !

EZYcrew

Thu May 06, 2004 7:45 am

interesting how people always get upset because of this new economy concept...

No it is not. But when Swiss snobbed all other airlines in its ads last year, welcoming passengers "in civilized aviation", sending them to "destination excellence", and promising everyone the best of Crossair and Swissair, our new service can be quite disappointing for those who had no choice but pay chf1500 (eur1000) for a round trip ZRH-LCY, and are asked for chf4 for some water. Same disappointment for those who have a Y-cl, intercontinental through fare (HKG-ZRH-MAD for example), or those booked under a codeshare flight.
Working the front line (as a f/a), I can assure you that this new concept is a total disaster in terms of image. It's been nonstop complaining since the start, and the "huge profits", as Bill Meaney (ex commercial director who set up the concept) said it was supposed to generate have yet to show up.
Now that Mr Meaney and André Dosé are out, there are rumours that we might revert to the old, complimentary service.
And sure, noone needs drinks or food on a 2 hours flight. But it's a matter of building an identity based on service and courstesy, and a glass of water, a cold beer or a warm cup of tea is an easy and not so expensive way to welcome our passengers onboard and tell them we appreciate their business with us. And for God's sake, even Southwest offers free drinks!

Regis

Thu May 06, 2004 8:02 am

I believe that we expatriates living in Switzerland were spoiled by Crossair. But then when SWISS was introduced, it raised our expectations even higher with all the hype that went around the media about excellence and so on. Then reality struck and SWISS decided to transform its economy cabin into a LCC. I can only speak for myself and my verdict is that this new concept will backfire. SWISS has lost me, who flew 25,000 miles per year in Europe with them. Now it is BA, AZ and AF, and if I feel really cheap, Easyjet. BA and SWISS codeshare, but BA's site always tells you whether the flight is operated by BA or a partner airline.

supersonic78

Thu May 06, 2004 8:19 am

Dear EZYcrew

i assure you that nobody has to pay CHF 1500 for an Y class tkt to lcy, i dont know where you have this information from ?

and let me tell you, as i worked for swissair, the service improved significant when SWISS started !!!

i personally regard this change to be a very progressive and brave step for an airline being young and in turbulent times, i hope it will succeed anyway and others will take it over...

and about your overall all meaning, sorry, i don't know if you are swiss, but if, then its typical... you worked for easyjet (where you even had to clean the cabin yourself) as it seems and now you are talking in such a tone about your employer, let me just ask a question, why did you start anyway to work for SWISS ???

mNeo

Thu May 06, 2004 8:36 am

I have flownon SWISS both long and short haul and on crossair only shorthaul. Baiscally it sists like this SWISS is an Average Airline compared to others of its size. Compared to SwissAir tho its struggles to becaome what swissair once was. Considering SWISS' current finantial position it is doing a great job. BTW on my LX ZRH-SOF flight i did get hot food and drinks for free. its about a 2.5 hour flight
Powered by Maina

B747-437B

Thu May 06, 2004 8:40 am

Having flown six airlines transatlantic so far this year, I can unequivocally state that Swiss was by far the worst of the bunch, coming in just below Olympic. And that's not easy to do...
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

EZYcrew

Thu May 06, 2004 9:02 am

Supersonic78

The full fare between ZRH and LCY is actually even a bit higher than CHF1500 RT. I have just checked it now on www.swiss.com and the full fare shows at chf1698 plus chf89 of taxes. I had passengers showing me their ticket receipts when they complained.

The Swiss International Airlines I applied for a couple of years ago was very different from the one it is now. It wasn't the nofrills/high cost hybrid that it is at present. I never applied for a job selling Pringles or Kit Kats. Otherwise I would have stayed at easyJet. And I don't think I owe you (or anyone) an explanation why I joined anyway.

And yes, I am (half) Swiss. Why do you say that what I wrote is typical of a Swiss person? What kind of generalization are you trying to tell?

Anyway, I find your post rude and totally disrespectful. If you cannot take other people's opinion, then don't ask for them.

ka

Thu May 06, 2004 11:01 am

I don´t see the problem. If somebody is willing to pay 1500+ SFR for a cont flight, I believe he/she will have 4 SFR for a drink.

I have flown SR and still fly LX regularly both short and longhaul usually in Y class (as I do on LH, OS, BA, AF, AA, UA) and I have to say that I was never disappointed by LX and they are definitely my first choice.
I love their cube-like pre-landing chocolate in perfect LX-design. That´s what I call style!!

KA.
Keep smiling - you might be on Radar!

schweizair

Thu May 06, 2004 1:57 pm

Since my family lives in Switzerland, I have relied on Swiss several times to get to and from home. I took a flight from AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA to ZRH and was surprised to see the crew handing out snacks and drinks. I politely turned down the snack but did accept a quick drink. I feel that people who cannot stand being without food for even one hour should either stuff themselves BEFORE leaving the house or consider another airline. Not trying to be rude but sheesh, the point is to get somewhere not sit and whine about food.

United Airline

Thu May 06, 2004 2:02 pm

Swiss is ok to me, though no where as good as Swissair

afay1

Thu May 06, 2004 2:33 pm

I fly Swiss from Moscow to Boston (and vice-versa) regularly, but have never been on Swissair. I was unfortunate enough to experience Sabena several times in their decline and was not impressed. Anyway, Swiss and its easy upgrade with miles policy and consistently friendly staff, good food, etc. make them a pleasure to travel with. I am still annoyed about the loss of my Qualiflyer miles, but C'est La Vie. They are my favorite "comfort" airline. Moscow is treated as long-haul so it gets a full meal. I have never been on a true short-haul flight. If Swissair was much better, I can't even imagine how great it was.

Unique

Thu May 06, 2004 2:49 pm

They have had some delay problems in ZRH but that's not Swiss' fault.

RJ100, can you provide proof or details?

On a flight to NCE last winter, the flight had to wait for deicing on a remote deicing pad (hence it was off blocks) but obviously the taxi time was a bit longer than normal. And the captain used the excuse that "the airport company ran out of deicing fluid". 10 minutes later, his aircraft was perfectly deiced and in the air!

Now my question: what was the delay reason? Apparently bad weather, not the airport!

That's really cattle excrement what the LX-pilots sometimes tell their passengers!

Besides, if the airport would have been run out of deicing fluid, it would have been an excellent job to get the tanks refilled within 10 minutes...

flyalot

Thu May 06, 2004 2:58 pm

Sorry to agree with easycrew.... swiss to my eyes as a frequent flyer is really down the hill.... I don't care about food/drinks on short haul... But what about the service in business/first on longhaul. Apparently on customer request they cut the meal service on all longhaul leaving Switzerland after 10pm... Really a good thing for business class pax NOT originating in ZRH you just get 1 hot option, no more appetizer and if you do not have the hot option anymore you are just left with a few slices of cold meat or a little soup !!!! All that on a 12hrs flights... I also flew First Class on SIN-ZRH and EWR-ZRH recently and I was unpleasantly surprised to be served the exact same meal as business class pax !!! What a shame !!! On top of that when you have a problem with your flight Swiss Management couldn't care less ...... Even if you are a top tier member in their FFP you are never right with them.... Just hope that BA will take over soon... Or just disappear I am fed with the arrogant attitude !! And feel really sorry for the front line crew who have to deal with constant customer complains as they are usually very professional crews it is just a MAJOR mismanagement !!!!

Unique

Thu May 06, 2004 3:51 pm

Flyalot, it's definitely not the way it should be (service in F and C), but if you're fed up, just fly some other metal! Leaving customers are the only language they seem to understand!

RJ100

Thu May 06, 2004 6:07 pm

"RJ100, can you provide proof or details?"

Well, it is an "open secret", that all the things happening in ZRH (Germany-Switzerland politics, Skyguide problems etc.) are resulting in delays for all carriers. I am not aware of the facts concerning your example posted above so I cannot comment that.
BTW with the dealy problems I have meant the problems they have had around a year or two ago. It seems that they improved their punctuality since then.

I don't see why people discuss here if food is necessary on board or not because this is not the question. If they don't serve food that's ok for me but then they should clearly present themselves as a low cost carrier, charging low cost fares.

Regards,
RJ100
none

Unique

Thu May 06, 2004 10:00 pm

RJ100, I was just getting slightly upset as always "the airport" is causing delays, hence my little story! Have to defend my employer and nick name provider, haven't I...?  Big thumbs up

flyalot

Fri May 07, 2004 12:43 am

No worries Unique I stopped flying swiss and went on to BA, I have to say that even if I have to change at LHR flying BA is much cheaper, more flexible (more flights to more destinations) and on top of it...... FAR Better in terms of comfort, Service and Frequent Flyer program....... It is funny to see that I NEVER had anything from Swiss for all the trouble I had last year (downgrading, denied boarding, flight CXL etc....) and now that I told them that I will stop flying with them I got 4 upgrades for 2 miles each..... That is soo cheap..... Why this "price" of 2 miles .... LX Can not make it for free !!! Anyway I wish good luck to the remaining Swiss passenger.... But not for me anymore !!

flyalot

Fri May 07, 2004 12:49 am

Well just after all I said I still have 2 tickets on swiss to use ..... next week ZRH-EWR on the 13th May and returning JFK-GVA on the 16th in C class and ZRH-SIN-ZRH in september in F class.... then that's it !!!! I hope those last flights will be OK !!
by the way any idea on the exact loading in Y, C and F class on:
LX 18 13MAY
LX 23 16MAY
Thanks

aviationmaster

Fri May 07, 2004 2:18 am

I flew Swiss back in December to New York (LX016/023) for 600 francs. The service on both flights was excellent, sure it wasn't comparable to Swissair in the 90s, but it was good and I couldn't have asked for more for the price I payed. I think we should start moving on and let Swissair rest in peace. Give Swiss a break...

Christian

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 4:13 am

to ezycrew...

i hope its the last time, but i have to reply again...

first of all i checked the exact fares to LHR/LCY today in the reservation system... for 1100.- you're already in C-Class... so pls dont tell any untrue stories... and by the way, i don't know what you did before you started flying, but all i know is that F/A's do not know how to read a ticket for sure !
maybe the receipt they showed to you included other flight segments !!!!!

and have you ever thought how you impress passengers if you think in such a way of your employer ??? I'm sure they will notice that you are unmotivated, and this could be a reason for them never fly on SWISS anymore !?!?!

and last but not least... the reason why you have to sell pringle chips, is because your former employee started with this bulls... business, and forcing other carriers to act !!!!

so the point is, if you pay around 1000 CHF for an Y ticket you seem to be a business traveller, and their tickets normally get paid by companies, so they can pay their employees as well a C-class ticket for some 100 CHF more !!!!

to all the others who aren't happy with the service of swiss int. i think that passengers are satisfied with any airline till the day that an irregularity occurs...

MR FLYALOT you may get downgraded or offloaded on a BA flight in future, and for sure from that day on you will not fly with BA anymore and you may switch to LH, until you experience the same situation with them !

teahan

Fri May 07, 2004 4:28 am

@Supersonic78:

I suggest you tone it down a little. You have been on the forum for a little over a day; I hardly think that gives you the right to taunt a long-time user. Furthermore, Airliners.net is meant for sharing opinions, information and all the rest. If you don't like that or hope that this "is the last time, I suggest you ignore the topic.

Regarding fares, maybe the extremely high economies ones are rare but they sure do exist. For instance, check a day return to LHR (departing ZRH at 07:00 returning 17:15) this Monday. Total cost: A little under Sfr.1200 in economy. A day return to other cities such as MAD, CDG and others will find you equally outrageous fares.

How does it matter who pays the ticket? Growing numbers of companies are cracking down; Sfr. 2000 a pop for a two hour flight just isn’t acceptable any longer. Many of the most prestigious British companies route employees (including management) on easyJet & co. when convenient.

Jeremiah

[Edited 2004-05-06 21:42:36]
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

teahan

Fri May 07, 2004 4:36 am

Interesting about the hot meals being cut in long-haul business. Hadn't heard that yet.

@FlyaLot:

hope that BA will take over soon... Or just disappear I am fed with the arrogant attitude !!

Isn’t it funny that the arrogant attitude you speak of is reflected by a recent member of this forum who so feverishly supports them.  Insane

Jeremiah
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 5:03 am

dear jeremiah

thats the point why i got upset about "ezycrew" ! i regard a forum the same way you do... its an exchange of meanings, but as you can see he is working as a F/A and i think he has def the wrong attitude, and the things he is saying are just untrue ! and in my eyes he missed his tone...

hope you understand what i mean  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

flyalot

Fri May 07, 2004 5:03 am

to supersonic,
to aswer you their is nothing against you or the crew on swiss they do what they can and off course it is very hard for tem, the point is that they decisions taken by the management makes it quite bad not the crews !
To be honnest I also had irregularities or problems on BA, the difference with them is that they handle those situations much better. On Swiss it is never their fault and they offer no compensation what so ever (at least in my cases). BA was always very apologysic which makes me forget the inconvenience....
concerning the fare in Y class to London.... it has always been cheaper Business class tickets than Economy full fare.... so why still paying more to fly Y class.... Easy the "special" C class have capacity controled which means that the special C class is not available, the full Fare J class too expensive which leave you with no other choice than the full Y class.... it it always a question of capacity in the specific booking class.... and YES quite a few people pays premium fares in Y class.... I had to pay over 900 CHF my self last week to go to GVA-BCN !

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 5:15 am

Flyalot

you are absolutely right, i agree... SWISS doesn't pay much compensation in case of irregularity... but belive me I had passengers flying on SWISS who were telling me that in case of irregularity BA is one of the worst airlines, and they were british citizens... you know what i mean  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

and actually i see that people are getting me wrong, i am not feverishly supporting SWISS, and i am not even emplyoed by them, i do have lots of critical thoughts about the management... but i just want to have satisfied customers and i am trying to do everything to reach this.... i just feel that especially swiss people dont want to give SWISS the chance that it deserves... maybe i should stop putting so much personal effort in it  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

RJ100

Fri May 07, 2004 5:26 am

Unique: that's ok it was not my intention to blame Unique  Smile
only the Germans Big grin

RJ100
none

Jumbolino

Fri May 07, 2004 5:38 am

ZRH-TXL-ZRH of course not with major mentioned but with free beverages AND sandwich (except alcohol) offers Air Berlin
68 EUR including taxes (might be higher at the date you wish to fly but the prob you have with all others)  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

LH page is down at the moment but I'm sure the offer also good fares
(I had a few last year at 130 EUR - not to be sold to people with Swiss residence  Wink/being sarcastic - well Brussels is interested in this kind of behaviour but I had food AND drinks at this price and INNER german which can be > 1 h you can have fares lower than 100 EUR )

Jumbolino.

PS: even sky europe on their small Embraer offered coffee, tea and water for free, but no food not even if you like to pay for it  Wink/being sarcastic
Kind Regards, Jutta.

panamair

Fri May 07, 2004 5:57 am

Overall, I think the LX crews try their best given the tools they have to work with. I have over 90K TravelClub qualification miles with them so far this year (both long and short-haul flights) and can vouch that 99% of the time, they are always polite and ready with a smile. They are truly some of the nicest crews I have flown with both within Europe and internationally. Unfortunately, they are burdened with an absolutely INCOMPETENT management team that has absolutely no idea where to steer the airline.

As many have mentioned above, they should at least still offer complimentary soft drinks with their "Swiss In Europe" concept (even the cheapest, most cost-conscious US carriers still offer FREE WATER, COFFEE, and TEA) as you can still pay up to CHF1779 (including tax) for a same-day roundtrip between ZRH and LCY (check swiss.com for ZRH-LCY-ZRH tomorrow 7 May).

For the extremely diligent and service-minded employees' sake, I hope this airline makes it in the long term.

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 6:27 am

panamair...

you can fly 7.10 am in the morning to LCY and back at 7.55 pm for CHF 1315.-
i really wonder where you have these galactic prices from ???  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Unique

Fri May 07, 2004 4:34 pm

Unique: that's ok it was not my intention to blame Unique, only the Germans

RJ100, good on you...  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Why booking a return fare on the same day? No wonder you pay a fortune! What about booking a return ticket with dates a few days apart (make sure a weekend is in between) but don't use the return flight. Do the same with another carrier and you'll get a cheaper return flight after all!

Example:
ZRH LX LHR (LX ZRH) for CHF169 (€109) plus taxes, THEN
LHR BA ZRH (BA LHR) for £98 (€146) plus taxes

You pay a total of €255 but be a noshow passenger on the respective return flights. Make sure the dates fit your travel dates and you're a happy man!

pilatusguy

Fri May 07, 2004 5:06 pm

Hi all,

have to agree with supersonic78 on various points.
Just to add my 2 cents - I flew the ZRH-LCY route weekly for 1 year and always had pleasant experiences (except the late night delays), however, it happend that I paid 1'500 for a same day return in Y-class which seems a bit too much.

Anyway - hope Swiss will make it!

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 7:40 pm

UNIQUE, brings it to the point ! You seem to be somebody who is more into ticketing then some other people in here...
Just follow his instructions about booking any return and be noshow... Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Some agencies even issue cross tickets, so you are holding 2 tickets but use only one coupon of each, and should be logical to everyone, that you have a much better price !
But unfortunately agencies started to cheat on the reservation system, but SWISS is taking action now !!!! So you see not even swiss people really support their own airline, kind of a sad story !!

CV990

Fri May 07, 2004 8:07 pm

Hi!

Man, I came late to this topic...... but I must give my opinion! Swiss aviation to be is the reflex of; my first flight, confort, relaxation, excitement! First time I flew in my life:

Date: 1979/11/23
Airplane: MDC-9-51

From then on I flew a good bunch of times with them, flying the MD80, A310-200 and the A321-111. I flew then with SWISS and in their A320, the MD11 and the A340-300!
I differences between SR and LX for me are just in the philosophy. I pay for my meals with SWISS now and I didn't with SR! The rest, the crews, the planes, the service is the same, intercontinental flights are great and the people were really kind. I like very much SWISS livery, very simple but getting the point; white for the snow and red for that simple but worldwide flag, what more to you need, simple like the swiss people!!!! And I tell you, it awesome to see in a big airport like LAX for example a SWISS plane landing, taxiing or taking-off!!!
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Dear CV990

thank you very much for your nice words.. at least one is loving SWISS compared to all the others  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
But obviously you are a foreigner and they still like SWISS compared to swiss citizens...

anyway i hope you will have many other relaxing trips with our national carrier...

CV990

Fri May 07, 2004 8:15 pm

Hi Supersonic78!

You bet brother, you bet!!!! September the 2nd. here I go with my 7 months pregnant wife from LIS to ZRH!!!! Do you want to see another vital and healthy sign from SWISS? Well they increased from 1 to 2 flights a day, I don't know if it only for the EURO 2004 or they will keep it during all the summer.
regards

RJ100

Fri May 07, 2004 8:20 pm

The 2nd daily ZRH-LIS is mainly due to the Euro 2004 but also because of higher demand during summer (Portugal is one of the main tourist destinations for Swiss people.

The second daily flight will be operated between June 11 until July 4, departure in ZRH is 22:30

From July 9 until September 26 the second flight will only operate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

RJ100  Smile
none

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 8:23 pm

Unfortuantely on the other hand, they cancel one frequency to TXL !

CV990

Fri May 07, 2004 8:25 pm

Hi again RJ100!

Thanks for the information! I think in the day I flew will be the normal SWISS afternoon flight! Maybe with chance I'll fly again in a A321!!! I flew in SR IOA, IOH, IOE and IOF!
regards