emiratesa345

Finnair - Voted Most Pet Friendly Airline

Thu May 06, 2004 3:27 am

Finnish airline Finnair was recently voted the most pet friendly airline by Animal Fair magazine.

http://www.bestfares.com/travel/desks/story.asp?id=129243&desk=hotels

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joonas Pulliainen

Has anyone flown with their pets before? What were your experiences?

EmiratesA345 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

NWAFA

RE: Finnair - Voted Most Pet Friendly Airline

Thu May 06, 2004 3:36 am

At NWA we have a program called "priority Pet"...they have special Vans (White with Black and Red Paw Prints all over it)...they are boarded last into the A/C..their is a verification slip brought up to the crew to give to the passengers to let them know their little one is below...the flight deck is told, so that cargo bin is warmed up for the pet.

I have not personally flown with my 3 "kids"...
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

emiratesa345

Thu May 06, 2004 3:46 am

I think this is similar to the way other airlines handle pets. The thing with Finnair is that small animals are allowed to sit on the passengers flight during the flight. If they buckled up, they are even allowed to be seated in their owner's lap for take off and landing.

EmiratesA345 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

MD80Nut

Thu May 06, 2004 5:09 am

I've never traveled with my cats (3 of them) but my stepson has traveled with his cat on ATA. He had a carrier and was able to bring him in the cabin. He was supposed to keep the carrier under the seat but his flight was only half full so they allowed him to set the carrier on the seat next to him during cruise. He says the cat slept most of the trip and didn't make much of a fuss. The F/As fell in love with his Russian Blue cat and kept bringing it water, asking if the cat was OK and wanting to see the cat. He says the F/As were great and he enjoyed the flight.

cheers, Ralph
Fly Douglas Jets DC-8 / DC-9 / DC-10 / MD80 / MD11 / MD90 / 717

jcs17

Thu May 06, 2004 5:59 am

We took our dog on DL LGA-ATL when we were moving down there. We put him in the kennel and off he went. No real special treatment and he arrived alive. Shortly thereafter, we saw on the news a story about Delta having lots of problems with pets dying in the hold. My father was upset that Max didn't get what was coming to him...
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

BigOrange

Fri May 07, 2004 1:50 am

We flew MAN-EWR when we moved here.

We had to take her to Cargo, put her in a wooden cage with just water and a blanket. That was the last we saw of her until we got to EWR, did all the Customs clearance stuff and they let us take her out of the cage and take her home.

She was in the cage about 13 hours in total, going from 50 degree temperatures in MAN to 100 degree temps in EWR.