Pe@rson
Topic Author

ID Card For SK's Youth Tickets

Thu May 06, 2004 4:04 am

I am looking to purchase a youth one-way ticket on SK from ARN to LHR via OSL. When I looked at the requirements, it says that I must possess an ID card to show that I'm aged between 12 and 25, but it does not state what constitutes an ID card. Would my passport suffice, or do they mean something different?

---

YOUTH FARE (Age 12-25)
Change
Before departure changes are not permitted. After departure the homebound journey may be changed if routing is the same.

Refund
Ticket is non-refundable. Cancellation more than 1 day before departure, refund 50% of the fare.

Discount
No children discount. Infant under 2 without a seat 90% discount.

Valid on
Valid for youth confirmed 12-25 years with ID-card travel on SAS and certain partner airlines for one way or round trip travel.

Advance reservation/ticketing
Ticket can be bought up to departure. Payment must be made within 72 hours after reservation.

Product description
Id-Card. Change and refund restrictions

Minimum stay
No minimum stay

Maximum stay
1 year

Stopover
Stopover not permitted."
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

swissgabe

RE: ID Card For SK's Youth Tickets

Thu May 06, 2004 4:09 am

If you don't have an ID card with you, I'm sure they would be happy with your passport as well! I doubt that they would check it at the check-in or gate, but rather when making the booking.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

OV735

Thu May 06, 2004 4:13 am

I figure they require a national identity card, which I think are used in many of the EU countries, though I'm not sure about UK.

Anyway, a valid passport should be more than okay to prove your age, I think. But I suggest you still check from a more official source.

OV735

daumueller

Thu May 06, 2004 4:54 am

usually, when a policy says sth about ID CARD, any photo ID (drivers license, national ID, military ID etc.) including passports will be just fine.

Zweed

Thu May 06, 2004 4:59 am

Being a swede and under 25 I have done this many times. Your passport is enough or your national Identity card who should be valid for travelling within Schengen countries. (is the UK schengen?)

ACAfan

Thu May 06, 2004 9:49 am

What is a Schengen country?
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

KaiGywer
Crew

Fri May 07, 2004 12:41 am

Zweed, no, the UK is not part of Schengen.

ACAfan, Schengen is a lot of European countries that went together and basically decided that when travelling between countries that are members of Schengen, you don't need a passport, just like travelling between different US states. It is, however, advisable to bring your passport, as it is the most widely recognized ID.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

Zweed

Fri May 07, 2004 12:45 am

Swedish drivers licenses (the new ones), dutch National ID cards and mayn others cards are valid for travelling in between the Schengen countries.
The main thing is, if it shows your nationality on the ID-card. Then you can use it.

Starlionblue

Fri May 07, 2004 1:33 am

As Zweed hints at, Driver's Licences and ID cards are being harmonized between EU countried. If it has an EU flag on it, it's probably enough. Call the airline and ask, or bring your passport to be 100% certain.

ACAfan, KaiGwyer told you what The Schengen Treaty entails. the "unsexy" name is after the town where it was signed.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

supersonic78

Fri May 07, 2004 6:48 am

You just require a valid travel document (ID or passport) and they normally check this at the check in to make sure that you are allowed to travel with a youth fare ticket... no cheating  Smile/happy/getting dizzy !

and as already mentioned UK is not Schengen member...

mrniji

Fri May 07, 2004 6:56 am

Call the airline and ask, or bring your passport to be 100% certain.

No need, Daumueller is 100 % correct, Pearson, Passport, Licence etc all is fine. Not a big thing at all
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos