EuroLeb: you are correct with your piece re Al-Jazeera
.. I'll need to correct part of your information re. Al-Jazeera:
Al-Jazeera will be a charter carrier with 1 Avro RJ70 based in Abu Dhabi although the airline is owned by Kuwaitis.
As what a member of the airline's board of directors told me yesterday:
Al-Jazeera will be a private low-cost carrier (not charter), based at Kuwait Airport - KWI (not AUH). This airline is still not established. It will be established in two-three weeks time, with 70% of the airline shares open for public subscription, the remaining 30% retained by the founders/owners (Boodai Aviation Group) and the first formal board meeting takes place followed by press release to the Kuwaiti press about their plans.
He then told me that they plan to start with 4-6 Airbus aircraft and starting with routes to the Gulf (DXB
, BAH, and probably Saudi), along with CAI, BEY and then India. Along with the corporate Head Office, these aircraft will be based at Kuwait International Airport. They foresee themselves flying by September 2004.
This is what he told me and, as he said, the September start-up date isn't entirely sure yet.. At least not until the first formal board meeting takes place and the company formally becomes established as an airline.
Cheers to all!
'Place your ad here'. Only $9.95 per post made.