IslandHopperCO
Topic Author

EgyptAir Needs Online Booking&Knowledgable Agents

Thu May 06, 2004 8:32 am

I just booked a ticket to Cairo and Ethiopia on Egyptair (thanks for the help, Horus!) They had the lowest fare to Ethiopia by far.

I must say though, it was VERY hard to book the flight I wanted, and I ended up having to go through a travel agency. The website is absolutely useless, with no online booking and a clunky schedule search engine whose favorite response is "there is no flight on that date". Well then, find me the closest one already!  Smile

After much wading around their site, I found a sales desk in NYC. The first agent said "Oh, we don't fly to Ethiopia anymore". Uh...yeah you do! I tried another sales desk in LA, who said he could only book full fare tickets ($2800RT). Sheesh...they REALLY don't want me to fly their airline! I finally found a travel agency that specializes in Egyptian travel, and booked without a hitch at a great fare.

They really need a better game plan if they hope to have a presence in the US market. Also it appears that they stopped serving LAX, since my flight to JFK will be on United. Is that true?

I look forward to experiencing EgyptAir and will do a trip report.

IslandHopperCO
Topic Author

RE: EgyptAir Needs Online Booking&Knowledgable Age

Fri May 07, 2004 7:06 am

Does anyone know if EgyptAir stopped flying their 777 to LAX? There's lots of pictures of it here from the past.

MY7E7

RE: EgyptAir Needs Online Booking&Knowledgable Agents

Fri May 07, 2004 7:14 am

Dear EgyptAir,

I am a software developer, please call me, you need help!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
I'm not always right but that's no reason to insult me