flyalot

How Hard Is It To Get Upgrades On IB

Fri May 07, 2004 12:54 am

Hi there,
just wondering what is the upgrade policy in IB. I am an Emerald status in oneworld through my BA card and wonder if this really helps to get an upgrade on IB.
Thanks for you help

carduelis

RE: How Hard Is It To Get Upgrades On IB

Fri May 07, 2004 1:18 am

Welcome to A.net!

There are literally 'thousands' of threads relating to upgrades if you care to do a search (in the archives as well!), but for a simple general answer, you will only get an upgrade if your class is full, and there is space avail in the next class up. Being a card holder helps sometimes. A full Y fare also helps.

Doubtless this thread like it's predecessor wil be full of how you can do it, or how you can buck the system!

Enjoy yourself!

Bon Voyages!
Per Ardua ad Astra! ........ Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense!

767-332ER

RE: How Hard Is It To Get Upgrades On IB

Fri May 07, 2004 1:50 am

well, my friend, considering the last few times I have flown IB, they have had me listed as stand-by, eventhough I am a frequent traveler with them and had paid full price for my fare...I doubt it. That's just my personal opinion...I had to argue my way back to get listed back on the flight because they had overbooked it and had me listed as standby, thus wanting to leave me on the ground for extra 3 hours per time they tried to do so. Anyways, due to your status with Oneworld, I have no idea what that might do for you, but I am a frequent traveler with IB and really, if you have a seat...hold on to it, don't hold your breath for anything extra...
Regards and welcome to A.net
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!