andrewmorrell

Sad To See It So Empty...

Tue May 11, 2004 2:26 am

Isn't it heartbreaking to see the magical old TWA terminal empty at JFK?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Anthony Russo

Thought this was a nice photo and it reminded me of the times my dad would take me there in the 70's when I was a wee lad...

Andrew Morrell
Go Blue!!!

RyanAirB737

RE: Sad To See It So Empty...

Tue May 11, 2004 2:45 am

I was at JFK about a week ago, and it was sad to see the terminal deserted. I remember the only time I got to visit there...it was SO busy. I fell in love with JFK because of that terminal. I took several pictures of the old Flight Center.

JetBlue is supposedly going to build a new terminal around T5 (I imagine between T5 and T6) and they plan to use T5 as the main entrance. I hope they use more than just the entrance though.

However, in some ways, I don't understand why JetBlue would want T5 only because the one concourse closest to T6 has a US Customs and Immigration checkpoint on the lower level, so it would be better served by an international carrier, like United. It would be a shame to let that whole level go to waste.

I would just like to see T5 up and running again though.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Continental

RE: Sad To See It So Empty...

Tue May 11, 2004 8:22 am

Yes it is very sad. I flew out of there in 2000 on SCX, it was one hell of an experience. I am glad I was able to fly out of there before TWA went to AA....