OD720
Topic Author

Thomas Cook To BEY?

Thu May 13, 2004 10:58 pm

I just heard from a colleague that her brother was recruited by Thomas Cook and that the airline will start services to BEY in the near future.

I asked her to get more info and hopefully will come up with more specific dates.

In the meantime, if anyone can add anything to this rumor, will be much appreciated.

Best regards.

toBEYwithMEA

RE: Thomas Cook To BEY?

Thu May 13, 2004 11:07 pm

that would be nice!
Where would they operate from?
MEA FLYING HIGH AND RETURING TO IT FORMER GLORY!

MEA310

Thu May 13, 2004 11:09 pm

Always glad to hear news about new airlines coming to Beirut,it shows the airport's position and potentiels in the region as one of the most important around.Hope this isn't another rumor and see Thomas Cook in Beirut soon.

MEA310
M5 Fastest Sedan On Earth

Leskova

Thu May 13, 2004 11:58 pm

Thomas Cook to Beirut? Somehow I don't really see Beirut as that much of a charter destination yet - correct me if I'm wrong, I've never been there yet...

I doubt that it will be the German division (Condor), because they'd essentially be going head-to-head with part-owner Lufthansa, and I really cannot see that happening.

Are there large Lebanese communities in the UK or in the Benelux area? If yes, then maybe it's te respective TC airlines there...

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

BA

Fri May 14, 2004 5:17 am

Probably just the many summer charters.

Somehow I don't really see Beirut as that much of a charter destination yet - correct me if I'm wrong, I've never been there yet...

Trust me, you are quite mistaken. Beirut sees more charters in the summer than scheduled flights. It is pretty hectic.

Lebanon has become a popular destinations for Europeans like Egypt is.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran