montenegro

Avensa Vs Servivensa?

Wed Feb 09, 2000 8:00 pm

Just when I have a litlle time I go to Airliners net to look to some strange airliners all over the world (I'm from Italy). Just looking like that the Latin America sceene I have noticed this

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Eddy Gual - Aviation Photography of Miami

displaying a Servivensa B757 and after that

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Eddy Gual - Aviation Photography of Miami

displaying the AVENSA one, both from Venezuela, is it the same airline, where is the deal, let us know.

Thank you because any info appreciated.

Savo Vulevic, Slaerno, Italia

LatinPlane

RE: Avensa Vs Servivensa?

Thu Feb 10, 2000 11:23 am

I don't know the exact reasons why there is two airlines owned by the same parent company, but my theory is this. Avensa has a subsidiary called servivensa which flies on certain routes because they can do it cheaper than the parent company Avensa.

If you notice the billboard colors of Avensa resemble Pan Am's colors. The colors of Servivensa resemble the colors that Pan Am used in the 1950's. The reason is that Pan Am used to own a lot of the latin american airlines at one time. including, Avensa, Mexicana, AeroMexico.

Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

flyaa757

RE: Avensa Vs Servivensa?

Thu Feb 10, 2000 11:42 am

Servivensa and Avensa are owned by the same company. Servivensa is non-unionized while Avensa is. Aircraft and routes are frequently interchanged. I have flown Servivensa flights(VC) on Avensa aircraft(VE).