daumueller

A / F Booking Class - Whats The Difference?

Sat May 15, 2004 6:06 pm

hi folks,

i already asked for this in another thread but it seemed a little lost over there so: can anyone tell me the difference between A and F (Booking-Class) on LH? are there different fares/conditions or is it exactly the same?

thx!

ben

mrniji

RE: A / F Booking Class - Whats The Difference?

Sun May 16, 2004 9:49 am

BEfore this tread vanishes - last position with 0 replies... According to ConcordeBoys homepage http://www.nonepass.com/ A is First Class Full Fare, while F is simply first class (full fare? - possible to reduce).

Not sure, this was an attempt to anwer it with common sense. Maybe someone can clarify...
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

cx123

RE: A / F Booking Class - Whats The Difference?

Sun May 16, 2004 10:30 am

NO that is WRONG!!!!!
F or P = Full Far First Class
A = Dicsounted First Class (SUb Class Code)

In the booking system (lets say Sabre) It will usually show the following:

F9A9J9C9D9I9Y9B9H9 etc.....

If a flight is getting full they will remove seats from the sub class first (eg. A)

A Class usually have more restrictions but when you are that far up it doesn't make much difference. But arrogant airlines such as AA (sorry for the PUN!) when they have like 9 F Class seats left 2 hours before the flight, they will still hold you back and won't give it to you if you are on an A Class booking!