komododx

New AV Website

Mon May 17, 2004 9:39 am

Well, after a couple of years AV changed its Colombian website. The U.S. and European websites are still the same, but the Colombian one has a new image. But sadly it's just about a new image. Even on broadband, the website takes a bit long to load and I still can't make online reservations. Makes you really wonder what the h*ll do they have a website for?

For more info:

http://www.avianca.com

KdX in TLH
I'm homeless and unemployed

Southamerica

RE: New AV Website

Mon May 17, 2004 10:24 am

Indeed, I've seen the new site and I believe they did a good job from the old one to the new version.

Maybe for the US, reservations still aren't available, because, as I understand it, for Colombia they are even going to start the new e-check-in service...

SOUTHAMERICA

taca

Mon May 17, 2004 12:37 pm

Congratulations AV for the new website. I wish you a successful future  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

flyinfroggie

Mon May 17, 2004 1:29 pm

Do they not let you make reservations and purchase tickets online if you're outside of Colombia? The only issue that I've had is that they will not accept my American Express online if it isn't issued by BanColombia.

komododx

Tue May 18, 2004 2:37 am

SOUTHAMERICA,

Well I tried to reserve tickets from the Colombian website since I need to purchase a BOG-MIA/FLL-BOG ticket and once I get the available flights, it says to call a 0-800... number to get the price and to make my reservation. What gives?

KdX in TLH
I'm homeless and unemployed

Southamerica

Tue May 18, 2004 4:39 am

Komdodx,

Hmmm I really don't know. Speaking of which, in SEMANA magazine, they just published two ads, saying that they will launch two new products: e-ticket and e-check-in, and they even specify all the pros and cons of this new option.

It says that the products will initially be applied in all routes within Colombia, except Valledupar, Rioacha and Barrancabermeja; and in international flights to MIA, FLL, JFK, CCS AND SCL.

SOUTHAMERICA