What Kind Of Planes Will AC/CP Use On New Routes?

Thu Feb 10, 2000 6:55 am

I don't know if this might be a little too soon, but does anyone here know what a/c equipment AC and/or CP will be using on new routes? New routes include:
YEG-LAX
YEG-YUL
YVR-YHZ
YYZ-YYJ(they actually started last summer on a seasonal basis only. Maybe A319s like before?)
YYZ-ONT
YUL-DEN
YYZ-AUS
YVR-DEN
YVR-IAD
YYC-EWR(?)
YUL-PHI
YWG-ORD
Also any a/c replacement from usual a/c used on existing routes to increase/decrease capacity and during improvement in services on certain existing routes like YYZ-YYT(St.John's),YYZ-YQM(Moncton),
YYC-ORD for example?

RE: What Kind Of Planes Will AC/CP Use On New Routes?

Thu Feb 10, 2000 7:04 am

I have the info from a leaflet distributed at AC. Here it is:
YEG YUL = CP 737
YVR YHZ = AC 319
YYZ ONT = AC 319
YUL DEN = same

more to come

AC183

Thu Feb 10, 2000 7:10 am

I can't say exactly, but there's a Canadian Regional press release out with some details on some other routes, so I take it all those routes will be operated by AC mainline equipment. A second YWG-DEN is to be run by a 146. YQR-YYC and YQR-YWG will go F28. A second F28 on Saskatoon (YXE) to YVR. A Dash8 on Vancouver-Spokane. There are other routes of interest as well. Read the release at http://www.newswire.ca/releases/February2000/09/c2433.html

Also, does this mean Alberta Citylink and Sunwest aren't going to feed AC? I see Central Mountain Air (Beech 1900's) going into Medicine Hat...

ywg777

Thu Feb 10, 2000 8:17 am

What about YWG-ORD
YWG-YOW
YWG-YUL
What kind of Aircraft will they use?
tanks

Thu Feb 10, 2000 8:43 am

Hi,

I can tell you that for the YYT-YYZ runs, we will have four non-stop flights a day using 737's. That's increasing flights from two non-stops, however, it is downgrading a/c. We use Airbus A320's on our YYZ runs now. We will still have one A320 flight a day from YYZ (flt 630 arriving at night and 601 departing in the morning).
We have also heard rumors that there will be a daily B767-233 service to and from YYZ. We will have to wait and see on that. Also, we may see some DC-9's flying to YYT.
On our international flights (YHZ-YYT-LHR, LHR-YYT-YHZ), we will be seeing Canadians B767-375ER's flying into YYT- that's upgrading from B767-200ER's (although, we occasionally see a B767-333ER).
Air Nova will start one daily non-stop flight from YYT-YUL and a return flight using BAe 146's.
Overall, the flight schedule is going to increase by 52%. I'm glad to see more flights coming into YYT, but I'm going to miss working all the A320's. The 737 is a pain in the back!!!
I'm sure there will be more changes down the road, but this is what I have for now.
Phil

Thu Feb 10, 2000 11:16 am

they've already changed and cancelled flights outta here (YYC), we should know more after the announcement this coming WEDNESDAY?????

Thu Feb 10, 2000 3:57 pm

That's starting to get interesting. I'd certainly like to know what kind of a/c will be used on the YEG-LAX run?
Also, if anyone else has more info to add to what's already here about AC/CP's new routes and schedule changes, I'd greatly appreciate it.