What Kind Of Planes Will AC/CP Use On New Routes?

Thu Feb 10, 2000 6:55 am

I don't know if this might be a little too soon, but does anyone here know what a/c equipment AC and/or CP will be using on new routes? New routes include:
YEG-LAX
YEG-YUL
YVR-YHZ
YYZ-YYJ(they actually started last summer on a seasonal basis only. Maybe A319s like before?)
YYZ-ONT
YUL-DEN
YYZ-AUS
YVR-DEN
YVR-IAD
YYC-EWR(?)
YUL-PHI
YWG-ORD
Also any a/c replacement from usual a/c used on existing routes to increase/decrease capacity and during improvement in services on certain existing routes like YYZ-YYT(St.John's),YYZ-YQM(Moncton),
YYC-ORD for example?

RE: What Kind Of Planes Will AC/CP Use On New Routes?

Thu Feb 10, 2000 7:04 am

I have the info from a leaflet distributed at AC. Here it is:
YEG YUL = CP 737
YVR YHZ = AC 319
YYZ ONT = AC 319
YUL DEN = same

more to come

AC183

Thu Feb 10, 2000 7:10 am

I can't say exactly, but there's a Canadian Regional press release out with some details on some other routes, so I take it all those routes will be operated by AC mainline equipment. A second YWG-DEN is to be run by a 146. YQR-YYC and YQR-YWG will go F28. A second F28 on Saskatoon (YXE) to YVR. A Dash8 on Vancouver-Spokane. There are other routes of interest as well. Read the release at http://www.newswire.ca/releases/February2000/09/c2433.html

Also, does this mean Alberta Citylink and Sunwest aren't going to feed AC? I see Central Mountain Air (Beech 1900's) going into Medicine Hat...

ywg777

Thu Feb 10, 2000 8:17 am

What about YWG-ORD
YWG-YOW
YWG-YUL
What kind of Aircraft will they use?
tanks

Thu Feb 10, 2000 8:43 am

Hi,

I can tell you that for the YYT-YYZ runs, we will have four non-stop flights a day using 737's. That's increasing flights from two non-stops, however, it is downgrading a/c. We use Airbus A320's on our YYZ runs now. We will still have one A320 flight a day from YYZ (flt 630 arriving at night and 601 departing in the morning).
We have also heard rumors that there will be a daily B767-233 service to and from YYZ. We will have to wait and see on that. Also, we may see some DC-9's flying to YYT.
On our international flights (YHZ-YYT-LHR, LHR-YYT-YHZ), we will be seeing Canadians B767-375ER's flying into YYT- that's upgrading from B767-200ER's (although, we occasionally see a B767-333ER).
Air Nova will start one daily non-stop flight from YYT-YUL and a return flight using BAe 146's.
Overall, the flight schedule is going to increase by 52%. I'm glad to see more flights coming into YYT, but I'm going to miss working all the A320's. The 737 is a pain in the back!!!
I'm sure there will be more changes down the road, but this is what I have for now.
Phil

Thu Feb 10, 2000 11:16 am

they've already changed and cancelled flights outta here (YYC), we should know more after the announcement this coming WEDNESDAY?????

Thu Feb 10, 2000 3:57 pm

That's starting to get interesting. I'd certainly like to know what kind of a/c will be used on the YEG-LAX run?
Also, if anyone else has more info to add to what's already here about AC/CP's new routes and schedule changes, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos