Fiedman
Topic Author

Reno Air Express - More Information Please

Sun May 23, 2004 4:41 pm

I was looking on a website that has airline logo's on them and I came across a logo for Reno Air Express and I checked the database here for photos of the airline and I just found one picture

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Mark Durbin

Can anyone tell me if they flew any other type of aircraft and where they flew.
Westjet - Canada's National Low-fare Airline

flyingnanook

RE: Reno Air Express - More Information Please

Sun May 23, 2004 5:37 pm

They were a short lived commuter airline belonging to Reno Air. (There's better wording for that but I can't think of it right now) They only operated the Jetstream 31's. I believe they had 6 or 7. IIRC, they were in operation around 1995. As for where they flew, I would assume that they flew to Reno (the hub of their mainline) and I know they flew to Arcata-Eureka, Calif. I would also assume that they flew to smaller cities around the west coast of the US.

Hope this helps and I'm pretty sure someone around here can expand on my limited knowledge.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

flyboy7974

Sun May 23, 2004 7:22 pm

the company was owned and operated by phoenix leasing co. they flew j31 a/c out of san jose to monterey, santa rosa, eureka, redding, and i forgot where else. i will have to look at my old timetables

hawaiian717

Mon May 24, 2004 6:39 am

As I recall, Reno Air Express was the last gasp of what was once Hawaii based interisland carrier Mid Pacific Air.

David / MRY

wedgetail737

Mon May 24, 2004 8:30 am

Reno Air Express fed the Reno Air and AA flights at SJC. They also flew to Klamath Falls, OR. A friend of mine was a pilot for Reno Air Express until they went belly-up. I flew on them from SJC to MRY and back.