texdravid

Flight Attendants: U.S. Vs. Foreign Airlines

Mon May 24, 2004 7:21 am

My understanding is that F/A work schedules are based on seniority, that is a cool destination like Honolulu or Florida is usually snatched up by the most senior F/A's.

If that is the case, why do the Asian airlines seem to have ONLY 20 something people on all their Asian, Transpacific and European schedules?
Don't those F/A's work on the seniority system? Do those airlines routinely fire or retire older flight attendants?

Thanks for the info!
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

phatfarmlines

RE: Flight Attendants: U.S. Vs. Foreign Airlines

Mon May 24, 2004 7:27 am

My understanding is that F/A work schedules are based on seniority, that is a cool destination like Honolulu or Florida is usually snatched up by the most senior F/A's.

Judging from my understandings from some of the posts written by the flight attendants in this forum, I don't think Florida is considered a "cool" destination for them (Disney families, elderly/retired crowd).

Ryanair!!!

RE: Flight Attendants: U.S. Vs. Foreign Airlines

Mon May 24, 2004 2:27 pm

With regards to SIA, everyone gets rostered accordingly. As far as I know, every flight to wherever gets a fair share of senior and junior crew. So no need for catfights!...

As for MAS, the newbies start out on domestic routes under the supervision of seniors before progressing to regional, and finally long haul routes. After that, they continue to due their share of domestic and regional hops together with their long hauls.
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!