How could they go wrong with getting the 777 if they are looking to replace their A340s?
off the top of my head....
- increased costs of new simulators/pilot training
- pilots will have to be authorised on this type only, rather than both A343 and a346
- I understand that (correct me if wrong!) cabin crew may not be able to operate a further type per CAA rules.
- another engine type into the mix
- maintenance/engineering will need new training on type
- design of interiors to fit new type.
Not saying it wont happen, just answering your question!
Having said above, I think the order could go either way