Blackbird1331
Topic Author

EWR,JFK,LGA On CBS

Wed May 26, 2004 5:09 am

I am pretty sure this report on food at the big three will air at 6:00PM. It was on last night at eleven but I fell asleep. These specials are usually shown the following day at six. If so, they will mention it on the 5:00PM newscast. Any bets on who comes out on top? I hope it's EWR.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

Cory6188

RE: EWR,JFK,LGA On CBS

Wed May 26, 2004 5:59 am

If Terminal C is any metric of food quality at the airport, I would say that EWR would come out way ahead. I've only been in Terminal 6 at JFK, and that has the most pitiful food selection I've ever seen. STT had more food places than T6 at JFK!

STT757

Wed May 26, 2004 6:37 am

I saw the report last night, I think it only had to do with JFK and LGA. The reason being the story was about how bad the airport food concessions/restaraunts ranked in the NYC health department's list of violations.

Figs a nice restaraunt in LGA's CTB got a really bad score because of alot of health code violations dealing with rodents, bugs, food storage/preparation etc..

The story basically said all the food offerings from LGA and JFK have had violations within the last year for various reasons, some more severe than others.

Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Blackbird1331
Topic Author

Wed May 26, 2004 6:52 am

Thank you, STT757. Glad I fell asleep.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

rjpieces

Wed May 26, 2004 7:16 am

NBC just had a special investigative report on the 6:00 news showing how easy it is for employees to enter sensitive areas at T4 JFK........
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

ltbewr

Wed May 26, 2004 7:28 am

The NYC Channel 2 CBS local news showed last night and apparently this afternoon one of those 'Sweeps month' investigative reports. They did a check for major health code violations of the resturants/fast food services at LGA, JFK (both under NYC Health Dept.) and Terminals A & B at EWR (under the City of Newark -terminal C under City of Elizabeth and doesn't issue as to major violations)
At all three airports major percentages (35-60%) of the resturants had got notice (since the beginning of 2004) as to major health code violations including: Cockroaches, mice near food preparation/storage areas, not keeping hot food hot/cold food cold to required tempatures, and similar violations that can make you VERY sick. While some of the problems are endemic as to their locations, the way they handle garbage, etc and the lack of quality help due to the poor pay, it is still an eye opener and something to make you think twice of getting a quick bite at the airport before you go on your mealess flight. I wonder if this as serious of a problem at other US airports? Gulp.  Nuts

VSlover

Wed May 26, 2004 7:38 am

you know at this link you can find the helth inspection reports for all nyc restaurants, which lists violations if any.

http://ibihost1.com/nycdoh/web/html/rii.pl

just remember JFK AND LGA are in Queens county.

N62NA

Wed May 26, 2004 11:31 am

They did a check for major health code violations of the resturants/fast food services at LGA, JFK (both under NYC Health Dept.) and Terminals A & B at EWR (under the City of Newark -terminal C under City of Elizabeth and doesn't issue as to major violations)

Are you sure about that? Terminals A & B are on the south end of the airport (closer to town of Elizabeth) and Terminal C is on the north end of the airport (closer to city of Newark).

STT757

Wed May 26, 2004 11:43 am

" Terminals A & B at EWR (under the City of Newark -terminal C under City of Elizabeth and doesn't issue as to major violations)"

Terminals B & C are within the City of Newark, Terminal A is the Southern Terminal inside the City limits of Elizabeth.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

ltbewr

Wed May 26, 2004 11:48 am

Oops...Terminals B & C in Newark, A is in Elizabeth......me bad....
Why does Elizabeth not note in public records as to major violations while Newark does? Still though, this report is (ahem) food for thought (bad thought).