AV8AJET
Topic Author

Non Reving On BA Transatlantic

Thu May 27, 2004 12:05 am

Has anyone non-reved on BA transatlantic? If so what class of service did they assign you and how long before the flight did they give you assigned seats? I was hoping to do this in Sept. on the PHX-LHR-GLA flights.
"To fly or not to fly there is no question!"

dl1011

RE: Non Reving On BA Transatlantic

Thu May 27, 2004 12:17 am

We non-rev'd on them last summer. We were upgraded to business/club and it was an outstanding flight. Very good service and we really enjoyed it. The flight was pretty full, so we didn't get our seat assignments until just before departure.

Two thumbs up for BA!

PA110

Thu May 27, 2004 12:18 am

It really depends on the station, and the loads. From my experience on so-called "firm J" (13J42) tickets, I've been upgraded to F only once and that was due to personal connections. I've been downgraded often, and even left behind several times. BA has a reputation for being really tough on upgrades. Unless your nonrev ticket category is specifically upgradeable, it is more than likely that they would leave you behind on a full flight rather than upgrade you. Best to get to know someone at PHX station. There is some discretion, but only a little.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

SeaMeFly

Thu May 27, 2004 12:31 am

From time to time, BA offers special positive space rate for N. America's airlines employees. Check with your pass-bureau if this is being offered to your airlines.

I also don't know if BA offers this to the LCC's employess.

I know at NW, they offer it on a year-round basis except during holidays seasons.