as739x

IAD To DCA: Best Way And Time?

Thu May 27, 2004 8:07 am

Hey gang! I have a friend and co-worker going to DCA to train some agents for Alaska. Returning he will be training till the evening then flying from IAD. Whats is the best way to get there? How long does it take?

Is there a train?
Bus's, and how long do they take?

Thanks

ASSFO
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

LineMechQX

RE: IAD To DCA: Best Way And Time?

Thu May 27, 2004 8:34 am

As739x-

On my trip to DC at the end of April we paid $50 dollars for a taxi to take us from IAD to downtown (foggy bottom) not really worth it if you ask me. Anyhow later in the week we needed to get back to IAD to rent a car, and chose to take the metro and the Washington flyer shuttle. For about 1.20 or so I think it was, you can take the metro(light-rail/subway) from downtown or directly from DCA. To the West Falls church metro station where for $8 one-way a motor coach will take you to IAD. Takes about twice as long as a taxi but well worth it in my book. Especially for those non-reving AS needing the ability to switch airports cheaply if necessary. Anyhow try these links http://www.washfly.com/ http://www.wmata.com/

UALFAson

RE: IAD To DCA: Best Way And Time?

Thu May 27, 2004 11:37 am

Linemechqx explained the option I would recommend if you have time: Metro to West Falls Church station connecting to the Washington flyer shuttle.

A faster but more expensive option is to just take the Washington Flyer shuttle the whole way from DCA-IAD. Visit the websites that were mentioned.

Cabs are a rip-off and some won't even take you to IAD because technically they can't pick up passengers for the return journey to downtown D.C. or wherever.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos