tzsfo

American Airlines Flight Benefits

Fri May 28, 2004 11:59 am

Can somebody explain a few things about AA Non-Rev travel privileges?

How long until the employee gets unlimited space A privileges?

Do parents get travel benefits? When do they get them?

Is there a service charge for travel in coach?

I am interviewing with American this week and I would just like to have a little "insider" info.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

TZSFO
It takes nerves of steel to stay neurotic. — Herb Kelleher

SeaMeFly

RE: American Airlines Flight Benefits

Fri May 28, 2004 12:04 pm

in 96 when I worked for AA, the answer would be:
1. You'll start getting your flight priviledge after your 6 mos probationary is over.
2. Yes parents get them, too. Also after your 6 mos. probationary is over.
3. Yes there is. (based on 96's contract)

good luck! Some of the rules might change already.

AAR90

Fri May 28, 2004 6:24 pm

Off the top of my head:

1. After 6-months employment.
2. Yes, same time frame.
3. Yes, during first 5 years. Free travel after 5 years.
*NO CARRIER* -- A Naval Aviator's worst nightmare!

trident2e

Fri May 28, 2004 6:56 pm

TZSFO - very telling to see that your preparation is about your travel benefits rather than about customer service!

globetrekker

Fri May 28, 2004 7:33 pm

TZSFO - very telling to see that your preparation is about your travel benefits rather than about customer service!

Can you blame him?

That is the first thing I thought of when I started in the airline industry. Big grin

GlobeTrekker
The World Is A Book And Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only A Page

AirlineFanatic

Fri May 28, 2004 10:27 pm

TZSFO...

Since I left (97-99) I believe a drastic change is that now, parents are deducted from your allotment of 12 r/t "buddy" passes and fly at a new D2P status which shows them as parents and places them slightly below employees, spouses and children.

Also, I hear service charges have risen a little on some routes. After 5 years, free coach class space available. You can list for ANY seat in ANY class, service charges are higher in C and F. They've discontinued perfect attendance passes.

Good Luck! As far as network, AA non-rev passes will get you far plus there are special agreements with oneworld carriers!

RE: Trident2e - Why shouldn't he be concerned with travel BENEFITS? The pay is substandard and dealing with the traveling public can be not the most rewarding job...

B777FA

Sat May 29, 2004 2:01 am

After 5 years of service, Domestic coach travel is free  Smile/happy/getting dizzy.....Intl coach travel ,there remains a service charge.

tzsfo

Sat May 29, 2004 4:44 am

The position I am interviewing for isn't covered by a collective bargaining agreement (management) - does that change the benefits?

Trident - Why would I ask a question about American Airlines customer service on this forum? I know about AA's customer service. I fly them all the time. I am in the industry already. Plus customer service at AA (assuming I am hired) is something that I can affect myself. I don't need the opinions of our local A.net "experts". What I did need is some information from people that work for AA. Thanks for your assumption - but customer service is my career, not to mention paycheck, and I take it very seriously so the question I asked is not "telling" in anyway - but just a request for general info that I didn't want to ask in my interview.

Thanks everyone for your help -

TZ
It takes nerves of steel to stay neurotic. — Herb Kelleher

searpqx

Sat May 29, 2004 5:21 am

When I left AA in '96, Mgmt (level 1-4) got flight benefits immediately, parents also qualified immediately. Parents have always been out of your 12 annual 'buddy' pass allotment, but the D2P is new since I left (but makes sense).

Good luck!

Rgds
Duane
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"