It looks I beat everyone to the 1st A318 revenue service jumpseat pic, thanks again to a wonderful AF flightcrew
Photo © William Ronciere
That prompted an email from an AF senior Captain on photographers and a.net in general.
To make a long story short :
1) Jumpseats are still allowed on AF, but only if you're a pilot/aircrew/airline employee with credentials.
2) Pictures must be dicussed beforehand with the crew.
3) Please refrain from showing "inappropriate" situations, i.e anything that deviates from normal procedures.
4) Please refrain from writing "negative" or inaccurate comments in the comment field.
5) If possible, blank out the registration on the panel (see pic).
The Captain also advised me that an internal memo concerning a.net jumpseaters had circulated in the airline, stating that these were still legal and allowed at the Captain's discretion, but that restraint will have to be exercised in the future.
So If we still want to enjoy the ride upfront in one of the last airlines that allow it, let's follow these guidelines.
[Edited 2004-05-31 11:33:50]