IflyORL

How Will The ACA Changeover Effect My 6/16 Flight

Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:33 pm

I'm going to be flying into IAD on United on the first day of service for Independence Air. I'm flying from IAD to PWM on ACA. So, how does that work??? Will ACA operate as United Express and Independence Air for a while??? Just wondering if anyone knows.

navairjax

RE: How Will The ACA Changeover Effect My 6/16 Flight

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:03 pm

You will possibly be on a UAX flight operated by another carrier. Although many flights are still listed as ACA flights in all actuality a number will be taken over by Mesa. I'm not sure who else will be getting the UAX routes. Also my last trip to IAD two weeks ago I noticed some express flights out of gates in C rather than A.

ATL2CDG

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Iflyorl:

There is a possibility that your flight could, in fact, be operated by ACA in United Express colors. While it is true that United has made arrangements for all ACA-operated flights to be replaced by other United Express partners, ACA will, during a transition period, being operating as both ACA/United Express and Independence Air.

Unfortunately, I do not know the schedule for the transition of services; you should check http://www.united.com to see what information is listed for the flight in question or wait for someone who has access to United Express operations information to see which carrier will opeate the flight.

Safe travels!

[Edited 2004-06-01 06:48:29]
Ignorantia juris neminem excusat.

iairallie

Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:34 pm

We have plenty'o UEX trips on our bid packet in June. ACA will continue operating flights for UA until early August. No your travel plans should not be disrupted. Have a nice flight!
Enough about flying lets talk about me!