737Captain

Mainline Vs. Express

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:53 am

Having worked here in PHX for YV for quite some time, I have noticed that for some reason almost all of the HP employees hate all the YV employees. Why is it that mainline employees always seem to have a grudge against express employees? Is this common for all carriers, or is this just a unique problem between HP and YV here in PHX?
"Why do you insist on man-pawing the glareshield everytime you climb up here?!"

CincyBaseFA

RE: Mainline Vs. Express

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:58 am

lol. . It's definatley happens at Delta with Comair and ASA. Crew members have made comments on the bus and stuff like that. I don't know where people come off either because we're alll Delta there. But I don't think they like it. hehe

NWB757300

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:59 am

I notice that also here in PHX, I think if mainline employees would stop having such a grudge against the express we could actually be able to work together and solve some major issues with the operations.
Remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous?

737Captain

Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:18 am

Don't they realize by not helping to solve the problems between YV and themselves they are hurting our performance, and in-turn, it hurts HP's overall image, because let's face it......most passengers have no idea who or what mesa airlines is, they just think of it as part of HP.
"Why do you insist on man-pawing the glareshield everytime you climb up here?!"

NWB757300

Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:21 am

It is also affecting thier performance as well, not cooperating increases the missed baggage rates as well as complicating customer service issues and increasing altercations between employees on the ramp.
Remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous?