US653
Topic Author

CSA/Ramper Question - Part-Time?

Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:28 pm

I am thinking about applying for a part-time postion here in PHL as a CSA or Ramper. I currently have a regular job I work 7:30-4:30, Thursday - Monday. What kind of part-time hours are usually available in the evenings and what kind of flexibility (or lack of) can I expect? I was looking at openings with Frontier and AirTran, but maybe trying with some others as well (Southwest, United, American, British Airways, US Airways, etc.). Any kind of insight people could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff
US653...PHL-AUA...The best place in the Caribbean!!!

jkudall

RE: CSA/Ramper Question - Part-Time?

Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:33 pm

Don't count on a schedule that works best for you for quite a while. Plan on working weekends and holidays. It'll take a while to gain seniority before you can bid a schedule that you actually like.

Sorry to break it to ya.

cancidas

Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:40 pm

exactly right. though, it's not my intention to descourage you. you may get lucky. the job is fine, granted that you are working with competent people. and the best part, you get paid to be around airplanes all day! let me know how it goes, i also work for US, although at LGA.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

SUPRAZACHAIR

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Part time work as a CSA or ramper is pretty tough to find. I actually just got hired as a ramper at SEA for QX. The first thing they said at the interview was, "If you're looking for a part time job, you're in the wrong place." Food for thought.

JetboyTWA

Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:28 am

I was hired with US Airways Express in STL a few weeks ago. They're hiring part-time agents...

Ryan

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos