scseay

Bad Weather In Houston Now

Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:43 am

Well, I'm sitting here in the Terminal B President's Club (IAH) watching the rain come down in sheets. I just arrived from MFE at 5:45pm, and I wish ya'll could have experienced the approach and landing on RW 26R with me!!! The pilots were diverting around the storms, and came in from the north near Conroe (this flight has always landed on RW 9/27, depending on the winds -- never 8L/26R; at least it has every time I fly it -- which is once a week since December). The pilot turned on final over Hwy. 59, so were banking until the very end!!! It was a thrill! I'm flying over to EFD; my flight leaves at 7:15, but I've already been told that it is delayed. Actually my equipment was coming from Corpus Christi and deverted to EFD. Just my luck.....

Greg

RE: Bad Weather In Houston Now

Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:54 am

It's a squall line..not a hurricane for goodness sake!
Won't last more than 15 minutes.

I'm sure your used to it....we'll have it everyday for the next five months!

Go have a beer and watch the ramp rats run for cover under the wings.
 Smile

scseay

Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:15 am

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I'm doing....

scseay

Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:26 am

Well, that 15 minute squall line is still here...actually it is over the city of Houston, and many of the flights have been canceled because the equipment that was diverted to EFD cannot leave there to get here.... So I'll have another beer in the P Club and then arrange ground transportation to EFD. All of you that have asked about the shortest scheduled flight in a RJ will get a trip report from me soon. I'm compiling the info now. This report will cover last week's trip -- not this one. Big grin

atcboy73

Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:57 am

Im an air traffic controller at Waco Approach and after having a ground stop, then a flow restriction to IAH, we now have a ground stop once again. This time it is for both IAH and HOU.

Its 8:50pm.

If your going to EFD.............can we say rent a car...........BBBBBBBBbus  Smile

Enjoy the IAH sights. What a great airport!