DFWLandingPath
Topic Author

Minimum Connection Time At FRA?

Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:37 am

What is the minimum connection time at AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA? I'm coming in on AA from DFW connecting on LH to LHR and my itinerary gives 45 min to connect. According to the AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA website I will have to go through customs at AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA. Is 45 min to short a time?

Better yet, expanding the question, what is the minimum connection time at most airports out there?

I know that at DFW you can usually make it in 30 min, domestic to domestic.

Cheers,
DFWLandingPath

StevenUhl777

RE: Minimum Connection Time At FRA?

Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:03 am

Hmmm....I'm a little confused. You're flying AA into Frankfurt, but then connecting on a flight to LHR. So, you're not really entering Germany at that point, you're merely in transit. Why then would you have to go through German customs? Since LHR is your final destination, wouldn't you go through customs there?

And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

B747-437B

Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:21 am

AA & LH are both Terminal 1 airlines and you should have no problems with a 45 minute connection provided everything is on time. No, you have no need to clear either passport control or customs flying DFW-Fra-LHR.

The only potential delay is if you are on seperate itineraries and hence AA cannot issue your connecting boarding pass in Dallas. In that case, you will have to wait in line at the connections desk to pick up your LH pass - and the lines can get pretty nasty in the mid-morning when AA gets in.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

gigneil

Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:13 pm

Don't you clear customs at the edge of the EU? In this case, in AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA?

United sells itineraries with as little as a 50 minute connection time in AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA.

N

mischadee

Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:12 pm

I don't think you have to worry that much. I connected from ARN going to EWR via AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA with less then 45 minutes, no problem. The plan from ARN didn't even get a gate space, we got a remote stand and had to take buses but I was at the departing gate in less then 15 minutes.

So no problem.

Mischa.
ARNiboy

squirrel83

Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:19 pm

You wont have that much time, Thats really short time, considering that you A must go threw customs at Frankfurt, once you enter frankfurt you do nut have to go threw customs again in LHR, but on return, I belive Frankfurt and US not sure on that part.
A346, 7E7, 747, 777, Sonic Cruiser

mrniji

Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:23 pm

Thats really short time, considering that you A must go threw customs at Frankfurt, once you enter frankfurt you do nut have to go threw customs again in LHR

This is factually incorrect. You do not have to go through customs in Frankfurt, this will happen in Heathrow. The flight does not count as domestic since Britain denied to belong to Schengen
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

AMS

Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:29 am

I fly about 4 times a month through F R A, and the legal minimum connecting times is 45 minutes, However in my opinion it is quite short, depending on your connecting gate, remote parking or any possible delays.

My advise for F R A is always take as much connecting time as possible. On the other hand if you are issued a through fare, and miss your connecting flight, then the arriving airline into F R A will rebook you on the next flight.

Regards,
AMS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos