bacardi182

Concords And Their Owners

Mon Feb 14, 2000 2:23 am

who actually owned the concord? i know that ba and air france have em. exactly how many do they have in service? also, i once saw a picture of a concord in a singapore airlines livery. Did they operate the concord? do they still? on what routes? what routes did braniff operate their concords on?

MAS777

RE: Concords And Their Owners

Mon Feb 14, 2000 8:12 am

Singapore Airlines did operate half a Concorde as a code-share with British Airways in the late 1970s. The Concorde carried SIA's livery on one side and BA on the other.

The route flown was LHR-BAH-SIN but was still slower than today's non-stop service because of the refuelling time at Bahrain and flight restrictions. The service was stopped after only a few flights as the fare was proposterous and Malaysia imposed a ban on Supersonic flight from its airspace in fear of Cold War spy aircraft ... hence pretty much restricting Concorde out of Singapore.

Dufo

Mon Feb 14, 2000 11:31 am

Do you think that we might see a Delta Airlines Concorde soon then (Delta-Air France code sharing).

Can any one of you people with knowledge of graphic programs make a Concorde in Delta's livery?

Regards,

Jernej
I seriously think I just creamed my pants without any influence from any outside variables.

bacardi182

Tue Feb 15, 2000 5:21 am

the only way that delta would code share the concord is if american did the same with british airways. How cool would an all silver concord be?

Sonic

British Airways And Air France

Tue Feb 15, 2000 5:31 am

Only BA and AF operates Concordes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos