UwoAviation

Westjet YXU-YUL Cancelled?

Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:09 pm

I was going to book a flight YXU-YUL on Westjet for September but it seems as if the service has been cancelled (it is not bookable on the website anymore). It was supposed to start July 5th and everyone at YXU airport was quite excited... I called Westjet and the customer service agent knew nothing about this route. Anyone know anything?

CanadaEH

RE: Westjet YXU-YUL Cancelled?

Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:23 am

Good question, not sure why it hasn't showed up yet... I'll look into it and find out if it is still a go.
EH.

spyderz

Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:02 am

Doesn't look like it's a go with with in not being bookable on Westjet's site. Westjet axing this route doesn't really suprise me because 140 seats on a new market is rather presumptious. This flight seems to be as good as Tango's YXU-YHZ flight they had a few summers back. At least Westjet is cancelling their poor performing flight ; Tango kept it around.

UwoAviation

Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:19 am

Thanks CanadaEH, looking forward to the answer. It was bookable a few weeks back and wondering what will happen to those that did book.

matt

Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:15 pm

Yes, I think WJ cancelled some of the non-stops that announced with great fanfare this winter. I know that Moncton-Calgary and St. John's-Calgary are not happening for sure. They were both announced earlier this winter for the peak summer season.

Next flights: YQM-YYZ-YOW v.v. / YQM-CUN v.v. / YQM-YUL-YWG v.v. / YSJ-YYZ-SEA-SFO / SFO-YYZ-YOW-YQM / YQM-YYZ-MUC-TXL /