GulfAir

KLM 747-406 - How Many Are Combis?

Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:39 pm

Hey everyone,

Just a quickie:

I'm flying from Melbourne, Australia, to Amsterdam, Netherlands on KLM (MH codeshare MEL - KUL) on Sunday 13th June.

The equipment scheduled for my flight, KL808 is 74M. Obviously this is the 744 operated by KLM, but what I want to know is, does KL use the 744 combi on AMS - KUL flights??

How many of KL's 744's are combi configured aircraft?

Also, Ive never flown KL longhaul before, does anyone have any comments on their Y class service, entertainment and comfort??

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

GF.

Scorpio

RE: KLM 747-406 - How Many Are Combis?

Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:47 pm

74M is the code for the 747-400 Combi.

17 of their 22 747-400s are Combis.

ElAlto

Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:04 pm

Hi,

Flew KLM longhaul AMS-HKG and thought they were fine, but lately you hear a lot of mixed opinions. It seems that KLM has a problem to keep their service consistent.
Personally I have yet to experience a bad KLM flight. Regarding the crew, I found them to be very friendly and helpful. However, don't expect the 'fake' smiles that you get on Asian carriers. I think this has to do with different attitudes towards customer service here in Holland (and the rest of Europe). KLM doesn't have PTV on their 747's, so that might be a negative point for a long flight, but the movies on the screens I found to be quite nice, so no complaint about that!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Econojetter

Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:29 am

The KL807/808 flights are usually operated with the combis.

I did one roundtrip 2-3 years ago and the impression I get is that the service product has not changed much since then. Generally a pleasant flight (light blue cabin, cabin crew and catering pretty OK), IFE includes audio channels and main screen video (i.e. no individual screens). All B744/74M seats should have (small) adjustable headrests by now. Legroom not generous and seat recline limited accordingly, but I've experienced worse Economy cabin comfort. I think I posted a trip report in that forum (in the archives now if it is still around).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos