syncmaster

CO, KL, And NW Make It Offical

Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:24 am

(I did a search and didn't find anything, please, as I am sure some of you will, let me know if it is already being discussed.)

CO, KL, and NW have had their applications for SkyTeam offically accepted today.

From Delta's web site:

SkyTeam Governing Board Discusses Alliance Growth
SEOUL, June 10, 2004 – At their meeting today in Seoul, the SkyTeam Governing Board officially welcomed applications for membership from Continental Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Northwest Airlines, fulfilling the original request for membership made by KLM in September 2003 when its merger with Air France was announced

Link from DL: http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9329

Good to hear it!  Big thumbs up

AGrayson514

RE: CO, KL, And NW Make It Official

Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:26 am

Surprisingly the first place I saw this was on CNN this morning. Well, it might have been this afternoon, seeing as I didn't wake up until well after eleven. But anyway, good news all around. I guess this means that there will remain some sort of relationship between KL and NW, even if it is less between them and more of cooperation with the whole group. I remember back when the KLM / AF merger (buy-out?) was in the works, people were worried that NW and KL would break ties.

~ Andrew Grayson
Give a little bit...

syncmaster

RE: CO, KL, And NW Make It Offical

Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:31 am

I don't think that either NW or KL could break ties with each other without screwing up a lot of stuff. A lot.

Suprisingly this information is only on the DL web site, not even on SkyTeams, CO's, or NW's. I didn't look at KLM's or AF's.

B4REAL

RE: CO, KL, And NW Make It Offical

Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:38 am

Sync:

I concur, SkyTeam's press page is always VERY stale data. B4REAL
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds