UA Plans For Vietnam

Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:43 am

I don't know if this has been discussed to death in this forum yet, but I've heard of UA planning to start service to Vietnam via HKG in 2005(?). With extremely high loads on the HKG-SFO year round, not to mention the continuing service to SIN, does UA plan to revive the second daily nonstop to HKG?

Back in 1996, UA had 2x daily SFO-HKG. Was one of these frequencies given to CX. I remember CX service to SFO starting around the time the second SFO-HKG frequency was cut. one point, UA had 4 daily nonstops from HKG to mainland USA (SFO, LAX, ORD, JFK). What happened to the LAX and JFK slots?

RE: UA Plans For Vietnam

Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:49 am

Skycruiser: I've read other posts on this forum on this topic, and the rumor is that it will start in Nov., but I don't think any date has been set yet. As far as a 2nd SFO-HKG nonstop, it will really depend on demand and aircraft availability.

I'm sure one of the other members with more info. can hopefully provide more details on the HKG-SGN segment.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!