flyboy80

CO Plane Swaps On Inter Texan Flights

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:51 am

Hi... Im flying PDX-IAH-SAT-IAH-PDX... all equipment is 738s, however the SAT-IAH is supposed to be a MD-80. Anyways, I was wondering if CO swaps planes a lot...IM really looking forward to this tiny bit of variety and I don't want to walk up to the gate to see a 735, 733, 739 or any 737 for that matter on that leg! So, maybe someone has some info as to wether plane swaps are very common on these routes... They tend to be on most airlines high freq routes, which IM going to take a guess and say that CO prolly has a minimum of 10 IAH-SAT a day. Thanks for any info!

artsyman

RE: CO Plane Swaps On Inter Texan Flights

Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:07 am

Continental will swap virtually any plane out with another if it means that they can get a better load utilisation from it. I do not know when you are traveling, so it is impossible to comment, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if you have aircraft swaps on these routes.

J

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos