747srule
Topic Author

BA And VS Flights

Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:54 am

I have noticed that for the last few days BA and VS flights from LHR-LAX are late. Can anyone shed some light on the reasons why? Thanks!!
Jesus is the way,the truth,and the life

airxliban

RE: BA And VS Flights

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:08 am

747srule, i have been flying LHR-LAX on BA 283 or 269 more than once a year (sometimes 4 times a year) since 1991...and in the last 5 or 6 years, i cannot remember a single time when I was not delayed coming out of LHR. I think its the fact that Heathrow is so congested.

Traveling on VS for the first time on this route this summer, I am expecting to be delayed out of heathrow as well.

Also...there are the odd occasions when I catch BA 283 coming in whilst driving on the freeway. I usually pass the area (105/110 junction) at around 4:30-5:00 and I have seen BA 747s coming in during that time interval several times in the last few months...i think they are scheduled to land around 3:20 (unless they've chagned it).

That said, I like nothing more than seeing those BA 747-400s with the RB211s coming in overhead,,,,simply beautiful.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos