kevi747

AA's Arpey Named Chairman Of ATA Board

Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:46 pm

From a press release issued by the Air Transport Association.

Gerard J. Arpey, Chairman and CEO of AMR Corporation today was elected to lead the board of the Air Transport Association of America, Inc. (ATA). He will serve a two-year term as Chairman and lead the board's administrative committee. He also will direct ATA President and CEO James C. May in managing ATA's efforts to implement policy set by the board.

Arpey was elected chairman of AMR Corporation and American Airlines, Inc. in May 2004. He has been president and CEO of AMR and American Airlines since April 2003. Previously, he served as president and COO. He joined American Airlines in 1982. Arpey is responsible for driving American's turnaround since 2002.

"ATA and our member airlines would like to thank outgoing board chairman Richard Anderson of Northwest Airlines, who served an extended term that encompassed the events of 9/11 and ATA's own restructuring in 2003. He did a marvelous job under the most difficult circumstances imaginable," said Mr. May. "At the same time, we look forward to the dynamic leadership and guidance that Gerard Arpey will provide the organization and the industry."

The Air Transport Association is the trade association for the leading U.S. airlines. For more information about the U.S. airline industry, visit http://www.airlines.org.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

alexchao

RE: AA's Arpey Named Chairman Of ATA Board

Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:25 pm

My gosh! For a moment there, I thought Arpey left American Airlines for American Trans Air!

atrude777

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:37 pm

Alexcho- lol so did I!!! I was about to say "Good bye American.... Sad) but thats not the case... is this a sign of ATA's futur etroubles that they need to hire another CEO for help?

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

7e72004

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:44 pm

I thought the same...for a moment i thought the majors were really in big trouble! *lol*
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

komododx

Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:51 pm

Seriously dude, don't use such misleading titles the next time!

KdX in TLH
I'm homeless and unemployed

L104me

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:18 am

Kevi747 needs to go into advertising! You got everyone's attention!

kevi747

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:02 am

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone, just trying to share a little scoop. I can't really take credit for writing this anyway. Just a simple cut and paste job from our company website (although I did add the AA in front of his name because I didn't know if everyone knew who he was).
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

7e72004

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:04 am

he is not the only one who does it...if i read an article in a magazine and see ATA i think right off the bat it is an ATA airlines article...when it is just another Airline pilots association article  Big grin
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

ConcordeBoy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:19 am

First everyone here confuses Airtran with Amtran, now ATA with AirTransportAssn.  Big grin
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

RogerThat

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:34 am

It wouldn't surprise me if he did leave AA for another carrier or leave the industry all together. Everyone is always quick to blame AA's management for all their troubles. Any one of AA's senior management could run a Fortune 1000 company just fine, that's why Don Carty tried to slip thru the special pension provision.

Arpey is way underpaid, around 600,000 for last year. He deserves more cash and credit.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos